FORUMS: list search recent posts

708 Closed Captions from MCC files FIXED!!!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sacci
708 Closed Captions from MCC files FIXED!!!
on Jan 25, 2018 at 9:18:09 pm

Closed Captions with Premiere has been a battle since (2015.3) but I think they may have finally fixed it. The issue has always been with 708 CC.

With the new update 2018.0.1 it looks like they are displaying and exporting properly. Works when you include captions on import (embedded CC is source media) and now when you bring in mcc files.

THANK YOU ADOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
Re: 708 Closed Captions from MCC files FIXED!!!
on Jan 26, 2018 at 6:41:32 pm

Michael, how about the 608's? Do they come in as well? When we export the mcc (608+708) file embedded in the video (mxf-OP1a), when I import the completed video to check, only the 708's come in. However, when I send to broadcast, the 608's and 708's both show. In v2015, an exported movie came in with both. In v2017, only the 708's. It'd be friggin great news if this is finally resolved!

--
Tim Vaughan
Production Editor and Motion Graphics, PBS Charlotte
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 26, 2018 at 7:05:58 pm

We have never had an issue with 608 on import or export. Our exports with embedded is MXF XDCAM HD.

One important check program we use all the time is MediaInfo, it is free on the PC and $1 on Mac. This is tell you what the file has.

One time I have noticed is if you create a seq from clip before the creating CC on import you may not get both 708 and 608.

MediaInfo report attached

12101_2018premiereproexportcc.txt.zip

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
on Jan 26, 2018 at 7:46:17 pm

Thanks. Both 608 & 708 do show in the report. This is great to hear, thanks!

--
Tim Vaughan
Production Editor and Motion Graphics, PBS Charlotte
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: 708 Closed Captions from MCC files FIXED!!! - Modified
on Feb 1, 2018 at 4:48:23 pm

Wanted to post a qualification to this.

It seems that there are some online caption companies that are delivery MCC files that are still not working. One that several of our programmers use are still showing issues with the 708. IF there are two lines of captions it only displays the second line. If the line has more than 32 characters it truncates the text.

I have been able to bring these files into MacCaption pulling from the 608 info and export new and fixed mcc files with 708 and 608 showing up correctly in Premiere 12.0.1.

If anyone is seeing this issue I would be glad to run a test for you.

Return to posts index

Don Alexander
Re: 708 Closed Captions from MCC files FIXED!!! - Modified
on Feb 6, 2018 at 11:43:48 pm

We have the latest 12.01 update and had not seen any resolution to this. We do use an on-line captioning outfit and do have problems with the 708 CC being truncated or losing characters.

Besides doing a copy paste routine from each 608 screen into the corresponding 708 screen, how is your solution accomplished?

Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]