FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues with project manager - danger stripes & unknown error

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan David Romero
Issues with project manager - danger stripes & unknown error
on Jan 25, 2018 at 7:04:51 pm

I hope someone might be able to give me some light at the end of the tunnel here. I'm preparing a project to hand it over to a colorist and I've ran into a wall.

When using project manager to package the project into a new location, I ran into an issue when using the "Collect Files and Copy to a New Location" option. I would select exclude unused clips. I would click "ok" and after an hour of waiting for the process to finish, I would get an error message that said "an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation."

I imagined perhaps it was the sound and deleted all the sound, yet again I got the error. I then went on to delete some files I thought might be causing an issue, but still got the same thing.

I also thought that maybe it's because I had some gaps in the timeline, which it just means I deleted some clips I will be replacing later, but I'm not sure if such a thing could cause that issue.

I then moved on to try to use the "Consolidate and Transcode" option. It worked, but once I opened the project in Premiere, some of the clips have stripes on them. Only a few. I can see them on the "project" panel as well as the "preview" panel, but the timeline panel doesn't show anything. I noticed that these clips were clips I had sliced in different parts from one single clip. However, I don't see why this would be an issue at all. These clips did not convert to ProRess as I requested Project Manger to do. They stayed in mp4.

Either way, the colorist is strictly requesting me to go through the "Collect Files and Copy to a New Location" function. And so far that one isn't working AT ALL. What are some problems that could be causing me to get an error message?

Could it be that it's because the clips are in different folders in the hard drive as opposed to one single folder?

That's truly the only issue I could see.

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Issues with project manager - danger stripes & unknown error
on Jan 25, 2018 at 7:41:10 pm

Sadly Project Manager has quite a list of potential items that can cause the error.

When I sent my last project to a colorist we determined that a much simpler approach is to send a drive of the entire project instead of a collected project.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]