FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro Playback Slow

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katie Mitchell
Premiere Pro Playback Slow
on Jan 19, 2018 at 6:59:36 pm

Hello, I've been noticing that when I'm trying to do video playback in Premiere Pro CC (2017) the playback is choppy and slow. This seems strange given I'm using a high-end Mac that has been spec'd out for video editing.

Mac Details:
Mac Pro (late 2013) Trash-Can-Style
OSX Yosemite (this cannot be upgraded due to the version of Avid we are currently using)
Processor: 2.7 GHz- 12 Core Xeon
RAM: 64 GB
Graphics: AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Only Premiere Pro is open while I am doing the video playback, the files are Apple ProRes 422 1080x1920 50i, running from a USB 3.0 drive (connected to a USB 3.0 port). Neither the internal storage or the hard drive storage are any where close to be full.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Premiere Pro Playback Slow
on Jan 19, 2018 at 7:50:33 pm

Multicam? Could just be a slow drive. If you are running two or more streams, that's marginal for USB3, especially 50i. How does Avid perform with these same files linked via AMA? Are there any background processes going on, like Premiere's audio "conforming" functions? Have you tried a test using either the internal flash storage or an external Thunderbolt 2 drive?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Premiere Pro Playback Slow
on Jan 19, 2018 at 7:54:20 pm

Check your Project Settings and see what the Rending and Playback is set to. It probably should be set to Open GL. But whatever it is I would give the opposite a try.

Also try clearing the cache in Program Prefs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]