FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anamorphic 2.0 pixels in source footage vs. square pixels in sequence settings

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lori Waite
Anamorphic 2.0 pixels in source footage vs. square pixels in sequence settings
on Jan 18, 2018 at 3:47:45 pm

The project I'm working on was shot as anamorphic with 2.0 pixels. However, if my sequence settings are set to 2.0 pixels, the clips on my timeline have huge pillars. Only when I chose square pixels in the sequence settings do the pillars disappear (and I do lose a little bit of pix on the edges.) Anyone know why?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Anamorphic 2.0 pixels in source footage vs. square pixels in sequence settings
on Jan 19, 2018 at 10:24:07 pm

Hi Lori,

Help us to help you - what is the resolution of the clip - how many pixels, like 1920x1080? What format is the clip and from what camera/device? And what resolution do you want to edit at and/or deliver at? These are all important factors in determining a workflow.

I'm not familiar with any video format that use a Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR) of 2.0 (most I've seen is 1.5 PAR).

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Lori Waite
Re: Anamorphic 2.0 pixels in source footage vs. square pixels in sequence settings
on Jan 31, 2018 at 11:06:57 pm

Hi Jeff -

The footage was shot on an Alexis Amira as Prores 4444 at 2940x2166. The deliverable is 2K at 2096x858. The '2.0 PAR' comes up in Properties window in Premiere. And, when I'm exporting in Media Encoder, there is 'Anamorphic 2:1 (2.0)' in the drop-down menu for the Aspect field. But this adds pillars to the image. Its only when I select Square Pixels that the image looks right. I would have thought that since the image started as 2.0 (with no pillars), I would want to export as the same (match source), but this logic isn't working.

Thanks for your help with this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]