FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clips imported from Lumia 2020 suddenly samaller on viewing window.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andres Cuervo
Clips imported from Lumia 2020 suddenly samaller on viewing window.
on Jan 16, 2018 at 11:05:51 am

I am new to Premiere, working on just one my firs video, importing most clips for this video from my Windows phone Nokia Lumia 2020. No problems untill now when suddenly all imported clips only from this Lumia 2020 are smaller than the viewing window and the sound portion falls automatically not immediately bellow the track but on a track further down. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Clips imported from Lumia 2020 suddenly samaller on viewing window.
on Jan 16, 2018 at 7:00:42 pm

I bet this will answer a lot of your questions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/tutorials.html

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andres Cuervo
on Jan 17, 2018 at 9:34:44 pm

Thank you Dave for the tip to a complete beginners course in Premier, would also appreciate someone giving me a more specific answer.

Return to posts index

Andres Cuervo
on Jan 19, 2018 at 12:32:56 pm

I solve the problem by selecting the clip on the Timeline and choosing Clip > Video Options > Scale To Frame Size. Does this degrade the quality of the clip? Why did I never need to do this before having worked with dozens of clips on the same project and from the same source camera?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jan 19, 2018 at 1:42:49 pm

This means you've shot some footage in a lower resolution.

Return to posts index

Andres Cuervo
on Jan 19, 2018 at 4:09:34 pm

1080p@30fps, It is a Nokia Lumia 2020 cell phone , the camara on it is fantastic 41 megapixeks, I have found nothing on the phone or on the internet on changing the video resolution.

Return to posts index

Andres Cuervo
on Jan 19, 2018 at 5:40:12 pm

Could it be that because I recently imported clips from ny Canon 5D that probably have higher resolution then the Nokia Lumia clips that form most of the project Premier razed the overall resolution automatically and know the resolution of the project is to high for the Nokia Lumia ?

Return to posts index

Andres Cuervo
on Jan 19, 2018 at 5:43:41 pm

How can one edit a message after posting?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jan 19, 2018 at 7:11:26 pm

[Andres Cuervo] "Could it be that because I recently imported clips from ny Canon 5D that probably have higher resolution then the Nokia Lumia clips that form most of the project Premier razed the overall resolution automatically and know the resolution of the project is to high for the Nokia Lumia ?"

Check your sequence settings that they match the footage or resolution you want to work in.

Return to posts index

Andres Cuervo
on Jan 19, 2018 at 9:07:39 pm

Thanks, I see now that all clips before the problem in Properties have an image size of 1920 X 1080 and after the probkem they all have an image size of 1280 X 720 Same Nokia Lumia phone camera, same conditions. I see no way of changing the image size in the Nokia Lumia phone, nor do I understand why it suddenly decreased.

Return to posts index

Andres Cuervo
on Jan 19, 2018 at 10:27:24 pm

PROBLEM SOLVED! I had no idea but there is such a thing as a Menu for video in the Nokia Phone where you can change the resolution. I reset my phone not long ago and it reverted to the native lower resolution. Now it's back up.

Thanks, your guidance did help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]