FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keep getting duplicate frames when exporting to 25fps from 23.976

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Moises Fuentes
Keep getting duplicate frames when exporting to 25fps from 23.976
on Jan 12, 2018 at 6:19:00 pm

I am currently trying to export a single 23.976 ProRes file (music video) to 25fps. The footage was originally shot in 23.976 as well. I'm trying to avoid exporting a file that is sped up and I've read from several posts that it's possible.

I've tried throwing the file unto a timeline and exporting using optical flow settings. I've attempted to do this in different ways including interpreting the footage, changing the sequence settings, applying optical flow in export, or applying optical flow on the clip in the timeline.

Whatever combination of settings of I've attempted to use, it just doesn't seem to work. At this point, the only method that seems to work is creating a file that's about 4% faster than the original.

I may be doing something wrong or there is a method I haven't yet tried. Please help and thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Keep getting duplicate frames when exporting to 25fps from 23.976
on Jan 12, 2018 at 6:42:24 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 12, 2018 at 6:49:36 pm

If you knew you were going to deliver 25 fps, why didn't you just SHOOT 25 fps? It spares you a lot of grief.

But if you don't want to speed up what you have, you can use Twixtor. Or a Terranex.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Jan 12, 2018 at 11:05:58 pm

Yes the only method to get it to 25fps without duplicate or blended frames is to speed it up.
Even the Teranex and Alchemist will duplicate or blend frames unless you get it sped up through them.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 12, 2018 at 11:17:23 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 12, 2018 at 11:22:18 pm

[Brent Marginet] "Even the Teranex and Alchemist will duplicate or blend frames unless you get it sped up through them."

Actually, Twixtor / Terranex / Alchemist have a variety of algorithms to track edges of objects from frame to frame, which makes the removal or creation of intermediate frames a lot more accurate than just duplication or blending. It also explains why they're pricey!

I like to watch the BBC's evening newscast on Iowa Public TV and I'll be darned if I can see any problems with them, even with the quick turnaround. And you KNOW they've converted frame rates and not simply conformed them.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Jan 13, 2018 at 12:43:08 am

You are absolutely correct on those points.

I must say though the Alchemist definitely does a better job than the Teranex from all the sample comparisons that I've seen. It is however the more expensive option. I've never seen anything from Twixtor though.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jan 13, 2018 at 1:58:48 am

The 4% speedup is actually a very common way for films to be transferred to 25fps, since they involve material at 24 fps. The audio needs to be pitch corrected to sound natural.

Return to posts index

Moises Fuentes
on Jan 13, 2018 at 4:04:09 pm

Shooting in 25fps would have been the right thing to do but there was a lapse in communication. I'm going to take a look at twixtor and other options if necessary. Thank you very much guys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]