FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changes to gain do not propagate through nesting

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris pike
Changes to gain do not propagate through nesting
on Jan 12, 2018 at 12:39:07 am

If I change the gain of an audio file in the source monitor, that change doesn't reach to the clip in a sequence. If I change the gain of a sequence, that change doesn't propagate to where the sequence is nested in another sequence. If I use the essential sound loudness match on the audio in a sequence, that change doesn't propagate to where the sequence is nested in another sequence. The work around is to delete the nested sequence and then copy it from the project (with the changed gain) and put it in fresh, so to speak. What is the logic behind this system?

ps. In the future, when I import an audio file in PP, I will adjust the gain once in the source monitor, and then never again. I will do this with the essential audio loudness match. if I change the gain in a sequence, I will do this before I nest it anywhere.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Changes to gain do not propagate through nesting
on Jan 12, 2018 at 1:35:11 am

Well...or don't nest. Just copy/paste from one location to the other, and that way you have access to all the individual clips. Nesting really serves little to no useful purpose.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]