FORUMS: list search recent posts

Client supervised remote edit session

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Cohen
Client supervised remote edit session
on Jan 11, 2018 at 6:27:19 pm

Does anyone have a setup they are happy with for a remote edit session where clients are watching in real time from another state?

Would something like GoToMeeting work?

We did this once where an editor worked in his suite. Another computer captured his SDI stream and then conferencing software (Blue Jeans) was able to capture that stream and share with a client who was also using Blue Jeans.

The quirky thing was that they couldn't use a speakerphone, because they would hear the other party's audio out of sync from the picture they were trying to pay attention to.

The workaround was for the call to take place on iPhones with earbuds, and then they wore big Sony cans over the earbuds to hear the program audio.

I have to imagine there has to be an easier way to do this with just screen sharing conference software on one computer, right?

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Client supervised remote edit session
on Jan 11, 2018 at 8:33:17 pm

I've used skype with a remote producer and it works very well. You can share your playback screen with audio and you can also very easily talk back and forth.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Dave Millman
Re: Client supervised remote edit session
on Jan 16, 2018 at 6:32:54 am

Zoom.us has conferencing software that handles video and audio better than anything else I've tried. Be sure to check the "Share computer sound" and maybe the "Optimize for full-screen video" options when choosing what window to share.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]