FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam anomaly or operator error?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg janza
Multicam anomaly or operator error?
on Jan 11, 2018 at 4:56:32 pm

I created a multi cam sequence from 6 cameras and one secondary audio track which consisted of seven audio tracks. Tracks one and two are a stereo mixdown of tracks 3-7. Tracks 3-7 are mono tracks. There are 5 people in the video and each person is individually mic'ed.

My master sequence is a stereo output sequence.

So when I have the multi cam sequence loaded in the source side I can edit in multi cam mode by having the button "insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips" turned on in both my source and master side. I can then edit a video clip into my master sequence which I can then switch to any of the six cameras. At the same time, I can edit the seven audio tracks into my master sequence but the only audio that loads into my master sequence is the two channel stereo mix down. The five mono tracks have no audio.

If I turn off the button "insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips" and redo the audio edit of the seven tracks, they then appear in my master sequence as they should with all seven tracks having audio.

Anyone know if there's a reason why the seven audio tracks will only edit into my master sequence with multi cam mode turned off?

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: Multicam anomaly or operator error?
on Jan 12, 2018 at 1:54:57 pm

Greg -

Did you use the "create multi-camera source sequence" dialogue box to create the multiclip, and if so what setting did you pick in the Audio section under "SequencesSettings" ?

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Multicam anomaly or operator error?
on Jan 12, 2018 at 5:18:57 pm

Herb-

Once again you've nailed it. It was operator error. I had mistakenly selected Automatic for audio in the multi cam setup..

I assumed that Premiere would marry the seven audio tracks to the video clip and since five of the seven are mono, it's syncing function would then create the sequence as a mono tracked sequence. However, that wasn't correct thinking.

In order to get all seven tracks to work in multi cam, the correct setting when setting it up is to select All Cameras for audio and also select mono.

Even after many years of Premiere use, I still find myself frustrated by the fact that sequence audio setup can only be done at the creation stage of sequences and not afterwords.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]