FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zoom in on/out on sequence the easy way

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
Zoom in on/out on sequence the easy way
on Jan 10, 2018 at 8:27:41 pm

Every time I want to zoom in or out on my sequence I need to click on the Tools first so that the tool box gets a blue frame around it. This is pretty annoying because I will be shuttling in my time line with the play head and then I need to move the mouse to the tools and click on the tool box in order to active it so that I can THEN zoom in and out. Isn't there an easier way. I don't remember it was like that in the past.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Zoom in on/out on sequence the easy way
on Jan 10, 2018 at 9:23:01 pm

The keyboard shortcuts CMD + and CMD - will zoom you in and out of the timeline.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jan 10, 2018 at 10:12:13 pm

I didn't do the latest update... did the shortcuts change? Plus (+) and Minus (-) zoom in and out. CMD + and CMD - changed the track heights. I'm pretty sure I'm using the standard PPro keyboard shortcuts.
That would be strange to change those...
TC

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
on Jan 10, 2018 at 10:24:05 pm

Hello Todd you probably didn't see my reply below yet because I assume you were typing that reply when I was typing mine.

This is not a question about what shortcuts do what because everyone can assign his own personal keys. I have my own shortcuts which are not the standard Premiere short cuts so telling me what key does what doesn't help much unfortunately. Knowing the right terms does help though.

I keep on talking about having to click on the toolbox first - only then can I also zoom into the sequence. Nobody mentions that so isn't that the case for you?
Like I've said I scrub in the time line or sequence whatever you want to call it and that way my mouse was busy in the sequence - after that I need to move the mouse to the toolbox and first click on it (a blue border will appear around it) and only after that can I zoom in by pressing up and down - those are the buttons I applied to the commands "zoom in on sequence" / "zoom out of sequence" I think those are the correct terms. Are there maybe other commands / names that do the same or a way to disable that I have to click on the toolbox???

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
on Jan 10, 2018 at 10:12:32 pm

First of all thank you for your reply. I might have expressed myself wrong here so I will try to explain it again.

I've set my keyboard shortcuts for zoom in and zoom out to up and down arrow.
Now when I use Avid I simply hit up and down and it will zoom in on the sequence

Now in the latest version of Premiere it will NOT zoom in and out on my sequence just by pressing up or down or whatever keyboard shortcut one has assigned to it depending on his personal preferences.

Instead I need to click on tools so that the tool box gets a blue outline and only after THAT STEP I can hit up and down to zoom in.

tl;dr: don't want to have to click on the toolbox first so that I can zoom in on the sequence by pressing buttons

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jan 10, 2018 at 10:16:15 pm

I would say trash preferences and try setting your custom keyboard shortcuts again. Sounds like prefs may have gotten messed up with the new update.
TC

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
on Jan 10, 2018 at 10:35:12 pm

Have you seen my replies above? The thing with the toolbox that needs to be activated each time? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jan 10, 2018 at 10:41:32 pm
Last Edited By Todd Perchert on Jan 10, 2018 at 10:45:07 pm

Yes. That is why I suggested what I suggested. When PPro is doing weird things that make no sense and you've quit, shutdown, everything basic, sometimes the prefs just have to go. Especially since you said it started after the latest update.
Look here:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2126506

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Jan 11, 2018 at 5:03:37 am

I believe that PP does not have a ‘timeline zoom in/out’ shortcut that is independent of pane selected. Certainly that’s the behaviour in cc17

ie if you have program monitor selected ‘zoom in/out’ adjusts the scale of the time bar in the program pane. Hence you have to select the timeline pane before zooming. Downside of using shortcut for that is it’ll cycle onto next sequence if timeline pane was already selected.

‘Timeline zoom’ on avid is global, as was ‘zoom in/out around playhead’ on fcp7.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]