FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing apple prores 4444 into premiere pro cc 2015

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elcid Asaei
Importing apple prores 4444 into premiere pro cc 2015
on Jan 10, 2018 at 5:51:43 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to import and edit footage shot on an Arri Alexa using Premiere Pro CC (2015 edition), on a Windows 10 (64bit) operating system. The footage is formated as Apple Prores 4444 QX (2048 x 1152) mov.

To begin, I tried to import the footage but Premiere would not recognise the format, so having done a quick internet search, I read that I would need the latest version of Quick Time (7.7.9), which would have the necessary codecs to allow compatibility, so I downloaded that, but having tried to import again, I now receved the message that the files had no audio and no video, and neither could QuickTime play the files - it would direct me to a page to get additional software, but the page is always blank.

The strange thing is, I can see the visual thumbnails on the videos, and they play fine on a Mac, but I can’t play them on my laptop, and have recently downloded VLC player and K-Lite Codec packs, but still the files won’t play or import. I’ve even re-installed my operating system, and Premiere too.

I read somewhere that “Premiere can import ProRes natively on Windows”, yet the solution has not been presented or written down, so I am stuck with footage I can’t edit.

Is there a solution? A codec I need to download?

If all else fails, and I have to transcode the footage into a compatible format/codec, can anyone reccomend a good encoder and format I’d need to transcode to, to maintain the high quality for the edit?

Thank in advance!

Elcid

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Importing apple prores 4444 into premiere pro cc 2015
on Jan 10, 2018 at 6:44:19 pm

May we assume you've turned your machine off and then turned it back on again?

And I'd get rid of those crummy K-Lite codecs. They'll do more harm than good. Not to mention they're about as useful as DIVX.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Importing apple prores 4444 into premiere pro cc 2015
on Jan 10, 2018 at 8:07:49 pm

Prores XQ doesn't work on Premiere in Windows. They might open in Resolve.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]