FORUMS: list search recent posts

25fps conversion for Quicktime.. I thought this was easy!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Chase
25fps conversion for Quicktime.. I thought this was easy!
on Jan 9, 2018 at 8:35:14 pm

Hi there!
I've long been able to convert my 23.98fps ProRes HQ video using cinema tools or simply using premiere pro to to apply a 25fps assumed playback attribute.
But this footage doesn't seem to work. Its aliasing for some reason coming out my Decklink HD card. It looks ok on a computer screen, but when you output it PAL HD monitor, it looks BAD!

Here's the link of the 23.98 footage. Can anyone make this look good at 25 without going to a Teranex?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16u09-ocee3c6yHuI598CL93a1tJSih7d

-Eric Chase

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 25fps conversion for Quicktime.. I thought this was easy!
on Jan 9, 2018 at 9:01:19 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 9, 2018 at 10:52:33 pm

If you were using Cinema Tools, you were CONFORMING the frame rate. You simply changed 23.976 to 25. The result was slightly sped-up video. If it works for you, great. It's easy.

I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing in PP, but I don't know how. Personally, I'd conform the video in After Effects. That is if I wanted to conform the frame rate.

Now, if you want to evenly distribute a second's worth of 23.976 video across 25 frames with NO change in speed, that's frame rate conversion. And the process is a little trickier.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Jan 10, 2018 at 8:56:33 am

AE can do this for sure, if you use 'interpret footage' and set it to the source fps (if it's not good already.)
Don't use 23.98, as it is wrong.
The correct number is 23.976

then put the stuff in a 25 fps sequence and you're good.

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Jan 11, 2018 at 5:19:02 pm

In your footage bin, highlight all the 23.976 footage. Right-click it, and select Modify > Interpret Footage. Set the framerate to 25. Boom, you're done. That will interpret your footage to play back, frame for frame, on a 25p timeline--it will be slightly sped up, but you'll have no artifacts.

If you're trying to keep the footage the same speed, you won't be able to do it without artifacts; all you have to do, though, is drag the 23.976 footage onto a 25p timeline, and Premiere will interpolate the frames. Don't expect it to be artifact-free, though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]