FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere 2018 audio issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam McCune
Premiere 2018 audio issues
on Jan 9, 2018 at 1:35:32 am

This keeps popping up and it's incredibly frustrating.

Running a trashcan 2013 MacPro
3.5ghz 6 core
64gb RAM
AMD FirePro D500 3gb graphics
macOS Sierra 10.13.2

I've noticed this problem popping up quite a lot lately. Generally, it's with MPG files, which is a part of my workflow for meetings we cover (I run a public access channel)

I import. Play the file.....no audio.

About 80% of the time, I can work around this by deleting the unused media cache and it works. if that fails, I restart Premiere. If that fails, I have to reboot.

Obviously, none of this is very conducive to a solid workflow. I actually tried switching back to 2017 (I kept both on my computer) and had the same problem. In fact, if you open both versions, you are almost guaranteed to have them both have this issue.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone else figured this out? Please?

Writer/Radio host/Community Media Advocate

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Premiere 2018 audio issues
on Jan 9, 2018 at 3:13:17 pm

Muxed audio, perhaps?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jan 9, 2018 at 3:19:00 pm

Are these long mpg files? I do this as well occasionally with 1 hr mpg files. Usually the audio is conforming. You should see a progress bar on the lower right of your sequence window that says conforming audio (or something like that). For mpg files, you usually have to wait until it gets all the way through the file before you can play/hear the audio. PPro has been like that for some time now. Don't think that will change with mpg files.
TC

Return to posts index

Adam McCune
on Jan 9, 2018 at 5:38:55 pm

Yes. Generally 1-2 hours, sometimes longer. I wait until the status bar has finished before I even start bringing them into the timeline.

If the problem is muxing, how in the world do I fix this? My workflow hasn't changed in 5years, the only change has been to the updates in premiere. And the files play fine elsewhere.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 9, 2018 at 6:46:14 pm

[Adam McCune] "If the problem is muxing, how in the world do I fix this?"

Tell you what -- just drag a clip into After Effects and put it in a comp. If you don't see the little speaker icon in the timeline, you've got muxed (multiplexed -- audio embedded in the video track) audio. AE needs a separate audio track on video clips.

It's probably what Todd points out -- it just takes a while for PP to recognize audio on long clips.

If it isn't, congratulations! You've just found another bug in the newest PP version, you lucky gent!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Adam McCune
on Jan 9, 2018 at 8:25:25 pm

I can only hope I'm so lucky!

So sometimes, it works, other times it doesn't. This most recent incident, it worked like a charm. Eveyrthing was fine. Then the audio went away. Left the computer on, and it sitting there and when I came back the darned thing had fixed itself.

So, maybe it's a combination of muxing and new problem. Maybe it has something to do with having an old version on my computer. I dunno. I was about 20 minutes away from wiping and reinstalling everything. So, I'm glad it didn't come to that......yet.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jan 9, 2018 at 9:40:35 pm

I can tell you, when I do and hour mpg file, it takes about 5-10 minutes for the darn thing to have audio available. You can transcode to another file format using AME. That works quite well. Although, I think there is still a lag for AME to begin processing.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]