FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting in Premiere Pro Makes it Functionally Useless

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mr Blifil
Exporting in Premiere Pro Makes it Functionally Useless
on Jan 9, 2018 at 12:55:35 am

I've been forced to work in PPCC for the last year or so, based on corporate client's needs. I've come to enjoy editing and especially audio mixing, but the process of exporting to final render is an absolute joke. No background rendering, no multiprocessor advantages, dynamically linked projects need to render to play in the timeline and then render AGAIN at final render, as if PPCC had never even heard of dynamic linking before. Or rendering.

What's the point of adding dynamic linking if I'm going to have to export out of After Effects anyway, in order to avoid the crushing time penalty that using the dynamic linking system inflicts upon me. What is the future for PPCC when we add to the mix extremely high resolution source files.

I really gave it a chance, but I'm sitting here typing having lost the last 2 hours of my life to unnecessary processing, when FCPX would have had me home for dinner by now. Good luck to you all.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Exporting in Premiere Pro Makes it Functionally Useless
on Jan 9, 2018 at 3:39:43 am

You can export sequences to Media Encoder, which can run in the background. Depending on your system, it may result in sluggishness....however, if you select "Mercury Engine Software Only" that seems to help overtaxing the graphics card, allowing you to edit while it runs. Some operations will pause Media Encoder (FCPX does this when background rendering, similarly).

Rather than constantly rendering and rerendering AE comps, use Render and Replace. This function creates a single media file that replaces your AE comp in the timeline...similar to a video mix down, in Avid....except it remains linked to the AE comp, so you can revert back, if you need to make a change.

If you are more comfortable with FCPX, its a fine alternative.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 9, 2018 at 3:33:27 pm

But what are the specs of the editing hardware? Maybe it's not up to the task.

Something else to consider, Dynamic Linking just by it's nature could be slowing things down. It could actually be faster to export to an intermediate codec from After Effects, then continue working on that new clip in Premiere rather than trying to tie it all together between apps and having to render out the final product going through that complex pipeline.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Matthew Ross
on Jan 9, 2018 at 4:09:50 pm
Last Edited By Matthew Ross on Jan 9, 2018 at 4:12:41 pm

I also recommend using Media Encoder for your issues as John does (just choose Export, then Queue instead of Export again), but I'd also add to make sure that you check on "Use Previews." That will make sure that you aren't double-rendering the previews of your dynamic links. If you've already rendered your dynamic links in a format that is appropriate for final render, and you have "Use Previews" checked, then Media Encoder will use those preview files instead of re-rendering the dynamic links.

Edit: to clarify, the "Use Previews" tick box is in the lower right of the Export Settings window, and it works whether you're doing a direct export from Premiere OR moving the render off to Media Encoder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]