FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premier Pro CC sudenly can't open, what now?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Premier Pro CC sudenly can't open, what now?
on Jan 8, 2018 at 7:42:09 pm

I'm in OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite on an older iMac. Just really starting to play with Premiere. Everything was working for weeks, then this morning I updated firmware for the attached Blackmagic Designs Ultrastudio4k, which we use to play out to the rest of our plant. After a restart, Premier ProCC consistently hangs during startup and will not open, beachball city, force-quit.

I checked for a CC Premiere update, none available. I uninstalled and re-installed Premiere ProCC, made no difference.

Entertaining suggestions, with a bit of urgency.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Premier Pro CC sudenly can't open, what now?
on Jan 8, 2018 at 8:19:46 pm

Update: Premiere Pro CC WILL come up properly, if the Blackmagic Ultrastudio4K is powered-down first.

Next I will check if It keeps running if I restore power to the BMD4k once Premiere is up.

Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 8, 2018 at 8:21:38 pm

Plugging the BMD 4k back in with the timeline open kills Premiere CC.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jan 8, 2018 at 9:48:37 pm

Try trashing your preferences.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jan 9, 2018 at 3:43:15 am

Download the proper version of Blackmagic Desktop (firmware and drivers) for your OS and re-install them. Seems like the BMD device is causing the issue and you may have installed too recent a version for your device.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Jan 9, 2018 at 6:19:15 am

I second the post about the driver version you have installed.

If you installed anything newer than 10.8.6 on Yosemite then you will have nothing but issues. I had one Yosemite system at one time where PP and Avid would not run properly or at all until I went back to V10.7.1 of the BM Drivers.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]