FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro 2018 Typekit synchronization

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark thompson
Premiere Pro 2018 Typekit synchronization
on Jan 8, 2018 at 2:29:50 pm

I've been using a few new Fonts recently. When I re-open a project I get a little reminder to synchronize the fonts.
I did synchronize from Typekit and the required fonts were quickly downloaded and synchronized. At least from the viewpoint of the Creative Cloud Panel in my Activity Stream. I believe at one point PPro used the correct new fonts.

However, next time (or a subsequent time) I open that project, once again it complains about the missing fonts. AME also complains about the missing fonts and messes up the rendering of typographic elements.

Any ideas what is wrong? If Creative Cloud thinks I downloaded them why does Premiere think I didn't?

Does Premiere have a way of viewing available fonts from its perspective?

Also, I think this applies to fonts specified via the new Essential Graphics Panel.

Thanks

Return to posts index

mark thompson
Re: Premiere Pro 2018 Typekit synchronization
on Jan 11, 2018 at 5:31:02 pm

I made some progress on this.
The key seems too be CC Console (on pc). If you use a Typekit font in your project it does seem to remember what that font was. However if you re-boot the system and do not automatically start CC Console your project can no longer find those fonts. In this case I'm using the Roboto Slab series. Manually start CC Console and hey presto the fonts are there.
Even if you shut the visible part of CC Console down, it can still find the fonts. Of course, next reboot and they're gone.

It seems to be very poor design as you have no visibility of what's going on.

Transferring the project, and media, to a mac leaves you in a worse position as the missing font warning does not appear.

Perhaps we are now supposed to run with the CC Console on all the time? I view it as another tool that I spark up when needed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]