FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro CC 2018 Audio Cuts out

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zac Carness
Premiere Pro CC 2018 Audio Cuts out
on Jan 5, 2018 at 12:50:00 am

I've been having a reoccurring issue with Premiere where the audio and video just randomly locks up and I have to pause what I'm working on and either wait or close the program for it to reset.

I've included a short clip of my timeline to show you what happens when the problem occurs. You can't see the actual video because it's on a second monitor (which doesn't affect the problem, happens on two monitors or just one) and my recording program only records one monitor.

Some background info:
brand new work computer (less than 6 months old) that has good hardware. I do have things running in the background like music/web browser stuff like that. If you need more info like specs just let me know but I'm 99% sure this is a Premiere issue and not a hardware thing.

Also I should note I've had this issue going back to last year with Premiere Pro CC 2017

Please any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Premiere Pro CC 2018 Audio Cuts out
on Jan 9, 2018 at 6:05:09 pm

We absolutely need much more in the way of specs, my friend. It is very possible to put together a system with "Good hardware" that the Adobe Suite will not like.

What processor, amount of RAM, storage devices, OS, and the version(s) of Adobe apps you're using are good starts.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Zac Carness
on Jan 9, 2018 at 10:56:54 pm

Yea I was hoping that wouldn't be the case but I'm at a loss as to why this keeps happening.
My specs are:
AMD Ryzen 1800x OC'd to 4ghz
GTX 1080ti
32gb RAM
Running off a 250gb SSD
Windows 10 (Version 1709 Build 16299.192)
Premiere Pro CC 2018 (newest version as of this writing)

However this would happen with an older system I had in early 2017 as well, so I have the same problem on two different computers with vastly different specs.
That machine was
AMD 8350 Vishera @ 3.6ghz
GTX 970
120gb SSD Boot Drive
Windows 7 then later Windows 10
PPRO CC 2017

Return to posts index

Rex Ruiz
on Feb 8, 2018 at 1:12:29 am

I am having the same problem and it is so frustrating. I tried to see if it made a difference by importing my footage through the media browser but it didn't seem to work. This is kind of an off and on issue for me, a lot of the time this has been the case with the audio but other times I work on a project and the audio is fine. I'm not sure if the file size of the audio clip has anything to do with it but I believe this is a Adobe problem. Its very unfortunate, I have been working with this issue for months and cannot find a solution. Please Help!
System:
i7 5820k
GTX 1070
16gb ram
250 Samsung evo ssd

Return to posts index

Rex Ruiz
on Feb 8, 2018 at 1:14:12 am

I am having the same problem and it is so frustrating. I tried to see if it made a difference by importing my footage through the media browser but it didn't seem to work. This is kind of an off and on issue for me, a lot of the time this has been the case with the audio but other times I work on a project and the audio is fine. I'm not sure if the file size of the audio clip has anything to do with it but I believe this is a Adobe problem. Its very unfortunate, I have been working with this issue for months and cannot find a solution. Please Help!
System:
i7 5820k
GTX 1070
16gb ram
250 Samsung evo ssd

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Feb 8, 2018 at 1:55:36 am

It's unlikely that it's an Adobe bug and much more likely that your systems have incompatibility issues.

There's many ways to go about troubleshooting but I'd suggest the following:

Use a program like Driver Booster to determine if you are updated with all of your drivers.

Does the problem persist if you render your audio? Does the problem persist if you round trip your audio to Audition and then re-import it back into premiere?

Where are you saving audio previews to?

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Rex Ruiz
on Feb 28, 2018 at 10:35:14 pm

once i bring the audio into Audition, it seemed to fix it for me (At least on my current project). Even if i do not put an effect on it, just as long as the audio file turns green inside the timeline. It cuts out in a few spots very quickly but regains.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]