FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice needed for proper multicam sequence project setup

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg janza
Advice needed for proper multicam sequence project setup
on Jan 4, 2018 at 9:35:56 pm

I have a new project in which there's four camera angles of a live event. There's also four people individually mic'ed and recorded with secondary audio. In addition there's drone and gopro footage of the event as well.

The four main cameras were C300's. I'm hoping to create multicam sequences of as much of the footage as possible before I start the edit.

My plan is to create multicam sequences with the four C300 cams and the secondary audio. Can I also add in the drone and gopro into my multicams or will I run into sync drift with those two?

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: Advice needed for proper multicam sequence project setup
on Jan 5, 2018 at 2:02:31 pm

[greg janza] "My plan is to create multicam sequences with the four C300 cams and the secondary audio. Can I also add in the drone and gopro into my multicams or will I run into sync drift with those two?"

Assuming you have no TC or audio on your drone and gopro and no slates as well, my recommendation would be to create a multiclip with the C300 footage, and make sure to chose "Camera 1" in the audio portion of the dialogue box to best use the external audio. Once that clip is created open it in the timeline and manually add the additional drone and gopro clips each to their own track, syncing them by eye as best you can. I don't know how much drift their will be between the different cameras, my guess is that it will be minimal if at all. If you do notice a drift, you can cut the clips and move them about the timeline manually to keep them in sync.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Advice needed for proper multicam sequence project setup
on Jan 5, 2018 at 4:08:31 pm

Herb, thanks for your input. I was thinking similarly but wanted confirmation from the community.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]