FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keep sequence attributes, but substitute new clips

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris pike
Keep sequence attributes, but substitute new clips
on Jan 3, 2018 at 1:59:42 am

I have a sequence for a text "slider", which I use repeatedly. The sequence contains four graphical elements, each with attributes of motion. The timing of these elements in the sequence is also important. I'd like to create copies of this sequence but with different text. However, the only way I know to do this, is to copy the whole sequence, then paste new graphical elements into the new sequence timeline, then position these elements at the correct points in time, then also copy the attributes from the old sequence to the new sequence, then delete the old stuff from the new sequence. The result is new material, but with the old attributes and timeline. Is there a faster way? Can I just copy the sequence, and then link the elements of the new sequence to different files in the project folder?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Keep sequence attributes, but substitute new clips
on Jan 3, 2018 at 7:55:31 am

You can also duplicate the sequence by right clicking it in the project panel. You can then replace what you need in that.

Return to posts index

chris pike
on Jan 3, 2018 at 6:19:52 pm

> You can also duplicate the sequence by right clicking it in the project panel.

Nice, didn't know about this. However, it doesn't get me quite where I want to go. After I copy the sequence, it will have the previous clips in it. I'd like to substitute different clips, but preserve the attributes and the time sequencing. It would be nice if there was a command that would say, "substitute this other clip here, but keep everything else the same".

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 3, 2018 at 7:13:00 pm

[chris pike] " However, it doesn't get me quite where I want to go."

No, but a duplicate sequence DOES allow you to experiment without altering the original. TO WIT:
  • Duplicate the sequence & open it.
  • Find the clip to be replaced (I presume it's video) and highlight it.
  • Find the replacement clip & open in source monitor. Set an in point where you want it.
  • Right-click on the highlighted clip & select "Replace with clip in Source Monitor"

I use that trick all the time.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

chris pike
on Jan 4, 2018 at 2:40:08 am

"Replace with clip in Source Monitor"

Did not know about that. It sounds like what I was looking for. Will try it soon. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jan 4, 2018 at 10:03:10 pm

Another method is to hold Option/Alt key while dragging your clip to the timeline clip that you want to replace. You can do it from your source window as well. In points on the source will stay intact.
TC

Return to posts index

John Heiser
on Jan 5, 2018 at 11:19:50 pm

Have you tried the Essential Graphics function? You can import graphic elements (PSD, PNG, etc.), animate them, and add text, animating the text if you want, and then save the whole thing as a Motion Graphics Template. Then just drag the template from the Essential Graphics panel into your timeline and change the text. The animation will remain the same, just the text will change. The time you spend recreating your animation once will probably be much less than having to do the dance you described in your post.
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/essential-graphics-panel.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]