FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to relink clips in timeline to new Merged clip?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ze'ev Gilad
Any way to relink clips in timeline to new Merged clip?
on Jan 1, 2018 at 7:00:09 pm

Client provided 30 min clip with 1 stereo mixed track including music.

Edited assembly from this clip.

Now finally got the split 12 track audio from client.
Made a merged clip from the original video and the new audio. Great.

But now how do I tell Premiere to relink all the clips in the assembly (from that original file) to the new split-track merged clip??

(I know I could re-export the whole thing and make a new file but that will take too long and I have to do this many times.)

Alt-drag doesn't work (even though timecode is the same.)

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Any way to relink clips in timeline to new Merged clip?
on Jan 2, 2018 at 3:51:11 am

Even if you are able to link to the new Merged File with 12 Split Tracks your going to have to recut the sequence anyway. Your timeline currently has a single Stereo Audio Track or two Mono Tracks and so the other 10 Tracks of Audio will not just magically show up in the Timeline. The Merged Clip doesn't have the same metadata as the unmerged clip does so Premiere sees it as a totally new and unrelated asset.

Unfortunately cuts should always be done with the merged audio right from the start. If the client couldn't supply this audio right away the cut should be held off or he should be paying for a recut when it does arrive.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]