FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question: What if I had to Re-Install CS6 Master Suite?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Janowski
Question: What if I had to Re-Install CS6 Master Suite?
on Dec 29, 2017 at 6:08:12 pm

Had a boot hard drive die a couple weeks ago... I had a spare boot drive on shelf, and by swapping, and doing Windows Update to bring it up to snuff... I'm good to go now...
First thing I did was make another boot drive.... and put it on the shelf...

Backups are such a wonderful thing.... But It makes me want to ask a question....

Let's say I DIDN'T have a a backup boot drive on the shelf..... And the drive died....

Could I have, after installing CS6 Master Collection.... Then STILL BE ABLE TO UPDATE ALL THE PROGRAMS TO THEIR LAST UPDATED VERSIONS??????

For Example.... I I load PPRO V 6.0, Would I still be able to Update to PPRO V6.05 via the "Update" selection????

???????

Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Question: What if I had to Re-Install CS6 Master Suite?
on Dec 29, 2017 at 7:21:15 pm

Yes all the updates are still there:
http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=98&platform=Windows

Download and save to hdd.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Dec 29, 2017 at 8:53:47 pm

VERY GOOD IDEA!!! Now I'll have some more backups... Configuring, Patching, etc... is another story!!

OK... That does PPRO..

Is there a location for ALL CS6 Programs...???

Or, do I have to search for each program, and manually update each?

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Dec 29, 2017 at 8:57:20 pm

Ann: How did you get it to show Updates? on other Programs it keeps taking me to Feee Trials????

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Dec 29, 2017 at 9:06:22 pm

So in "Downloads" what Does display --- is only Free Trial versions.... No updates as in Your post on PPRO...

Photoshop and AE did that...... Free Trial only....

I didn't find Encore (I know Encore was killed after CS6).... But I couldn't find AME either.... Is AME Still Around?

PPRO, Encore, AME, Photoshop, & AE CS6 are the "Big 5" for me... I updated, but never used the other CS6 programs....

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Dec 29, 2017 at 7:46:30 pm

I would say you should download all the Adobe updates for CS6 now and back them up somewhere.
You never know when they will remove them from there site.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Dec 29, 2017 at 9:13:06 pm

About a couple years ago, I changed the way I do things.... Now Nothing stored on C: Drive... All cache's stored on a Cache SSD, as they can be erased and re-cached. Media, audio, Edit and Encore files live on SSD Raid... Edit, Encore, and ISO files are archived onto 3rd drive, and NAS.

I keep multiple cloned boot drives.... and the combination of these two, has given me some comfort when bad things happen....

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Dec 29, 2017 at 10:50:16 pm

Here's a link to all of Adobe's Updates and Encore is there too.
Media Encoder is generally automatically installed with PP.

• http://www.adobe.com/ca/downloads/updates.html

• "MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
    Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
    on Dec 30, 2017 at 1:06:42 pm

A few of the "Updates" download "Trials"..... AE, AME for Example. In the Photoshop area, it is not clear which is 32 and which is 64 bit version also...

Another question.... On Multiple programs, multiple updates are listed... Can you load Last Update over the Default DVD load version, or, (Like we did during the software updates....) do we step by step through them all?

And with the amount of programs in Master Suite.... other than the 'Big 5' I use, it's really unclear what other programs need to be updated... To provide the "full Update" for Master Suite, vs. Other Suite(s)!
    Seeing that People Remember What Version the bought, instead of what Programs are contained I would have thought one area per Software Version:
    CS6 Master, vs. CS6 Other Versions...
    CS5.5 Master vs. CS5.5 Other Versions....
    etc....
    So that you knew you are going to one location for The Updates You Purchased, instead of a 'Guessing Game' in the Download Lottery...

I'm just being 100% Picky on this....Thinking about how others in this same situation would respond to the same situation...

I believe I got them, with the limitations I've mentioned above.... BUT with all the configs, plugins, and such... a Clone of the Boot Drive still seems to be the best backup...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]