FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scale to Frame Size Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory Andrews
Scale to Frame Size Issue
on Dec 29, 2017 at 7:07:29 am

Hey all,

So I started editing a bunch of different files in different formats in the same sequence, necessitating a lot of use of the "scale to frame size" feature. After exporting the final video, I'm realizing I should have started with a larger format for that sequence, scaling a few files up, rather than scaling a majority of files down.

I started a new sequence based on the file I used most often ("File X"). I dropped File X in the sequence so I could reformat the whole sequence for that file. Then I tried to drag my original edit to that new sequence.

Let's call the first sequence "Sequence A", the latter "Sequence B." When I brought the edit from Sequence A into Sequence B, File X from Sequence A remains scaled down in Sequence B, and I can't rescale it.

So Sequence B was made to conform to the source file of File X, but the edited form of File X remains scaled down when dragged over to the new sequence.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: Scale to Frame Size Issue
on Dec 29, 2017 at 8:36:16 am

Can you remove the scale to frame size of sequence A prior to dragging and dropping them into sequence B and then scale to frame size the clips in sequence B?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Dec 29, 2017 at 3:16:36 pm

Scale to Size has already diminished the image size down to match the sequence. You need to use Set to Frame Size instead.

And when moving clips to a new sequence, use Ctrl-A to Select All, then Ctrl-C to Copy, then open the "B" sequence and paste with Ctrl-V. Very quick and easy.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Cory Andrews
on Dec 29, 2017 at 6:13:54 pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks for responding.

I tried both of your suggestions and neither worked.

A further issue might be that I used the rate adjust tool on several of these files? Which is partly why going in and manually replacing these files would be such a pain.

Thanks again for your help.

Cory

Return to posts index

Taran Van Hemert
on Dec 29, 2017 at 6:22:57 pm

'scale to frame size' is extraordinarily dangerous if you don't know how to use it. It's fantastic for completely ruining the resolution of anything it touches, making everything fuzzy and blurry.
Video explanation:

Buuuuuuuut you've already used it, so here's what I would do.
In the bin, right click on sequence A and duplicate it.
Rename the duplicate to something. Let's say "sequence Z"
double click on sequence Z.
Go to Sequence>sequence settings
change the resolution of your sequence to your final desired output resolution.
Nearly all of the videos should scale themselves up accordingly.
though, many will have to be manually adjusted. Especially if you used graphics.
enjoy the tedium of manually resizing things so that they will fit
Reflect on your choices in life, and vow to never again start with the wrong sequence resolution, or use Scale to Frame size until you completely understand it.

Return to posts index

Taran Van Hemert
on Dec 29, 2017 at 6:25:05 pm

Huh, I don't see any way to edit or delete a post.
I meant to link to a specific timestamp (46:13) in that video.

Return to posts index

Cory Andrews
on Dec 29, 2017 at 10:05:27 pm

Your suggestion didn't work either, but thank you for letting me know how badly I messed up here and how to avoid this nightmare in the future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]