I'm not sure if this has been brought up before. We use a lot of ARRI Alexa footage and normally the LogC-to-Rec709 camera LUT is automatically applied by Premiere Pro as a masterclip effect by default. There are 7 machines on a shared network and intermittently, you can open a project that was fine the day before, and then on the next day, some of the clips no longer display the LUT. This happens on all of the machines on an occasional basis. The only solution seems to be to disable the masterclip effects for those clips and then reapply the LUT within Lumetri in the timeline. Are others seeing this and if so, any fix other than what we are doing? This has started with the CC 2018 version.
macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra)
Premiere Pro CC 2018 (version 12.0)
I'm not sure if this is the same intermittent issue but I've found that when sharing Premiere Pro projects with my partner who does color work that the links with the LUTS on shots in the timeline often break and that when I open a project that has been worked on by another editor that I have to manually re-link the LUTs to clips. I think this problem has arisen due to our directly using the LUTs in the Lumetri panel on each edit system.
However, the solution to this issue may be to create a preset of a LUT and then instead of directly applying a LUT to clips, to instead apply the preset effect to the clips. The preset effect can then be easily shared between edit systems.
Here's a video done by the The Premiere Pro Blog that shows a solution to getting rid of the automatically generated masterclip LUTS on Amira footage.
Thanks. I don't think it's the exact same issue, but sounds pretty similar. In our case, these are the default LUTs added automatically by Premiere and not ones added n Lumetri. But I have had the issue you described in the past with older versions of Premiere.
In our case, it seems to affect projects that have both been opened on various machines, as well as those only opened on a single machine. However, in all cases, the project files live on our QNAP NAS. Occasionally those volumes mount in a way that Adobe apps see them as different volumes, requiring relinking. That might be completely unrelated, but also annoying.