FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using proxy footage

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arturo Glass
Using proxy footage
on Dec 22, 2017 at 5:00:51 am

I started a new project I shot in 4K but am editing (and exporting) as 1920x1080. I'd like to use the source footage, at times, to do cut-aways/alternative shots, by reframing an HD image within the 4K source material.

I've already compressed an HD copy of all of my material and have been using that to edit with. I know I can "offline" shots and relink to the source material in order to reframe some shots, but my questions are:

1) Is there a way I can swap out segments of shots with the 4K source material (like a cutaway from the originally edited shot)? When I try trimming a shot into a couple pieces and offlining/relinking the shot, it does this for all instances of the same shot.

2) Is there a way I can resize a shot while using the HD footage (even though it'll temporarily be lower resolution), and then replace this with a 4K source shot, mimicking the same movement and/or zoom I have on the HD shot?

If any of this is unclear, let me know and I can try and clarify a bit.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ann Foo
Re: Using proxy footage
on Dec 26, 2017 at 7:19:03 pm

1) Not sure what you mean here... you mean you want to use both 4k version and HD version of the same source? The only way to do that is to import 2 versions of the source material into your project (a 4k version and an HD version)

2) Yes, you can resize your HD proxy shots and then just offline the master clip and relink it to the 4K. Any resizes you applied to your sequence will be retained.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]