FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which Mac OS?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rubasch
Which Mac OS?
on Dec 19, 2017 at 2:15:30 am

We are running a few older MacPro towers (not trash cans) and will be getting two new iMac Pros. They will have High Sierra on them. Our Mac Pro towers have ElCapitan.

Is anyone running Sierra (not High Sierra) on Mac Pro Towers with either CC 2015, 2017 or 2018 and is it stable? Any distinct advantages? Anyone running High Sierra on 2010 or 2012 towers?

For the most part I wish we were still running CC 2015 on Yosemite on these towers but time marches on.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Which Mac OS? Running Sierra on old Mac Towers?
on Dec 20, 2017 at 5:20:14 pm

Ok to rephrase, anyone running CC 2017 on an older Mac Tower (2010-2012) with Sierra and possibly a Kona Card and like the configuration? Any major issues with Sierra?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Mickey Grant
Re: Which Mac OS?
on Dec 21, 2017 at 3:01:05 am

My mac tower and Premere worked fine until I upgraded to High Sierra. Prior to that, things were close to perfect. Now I can't open mts files in OS. It's the new Quicktime that they built into High Sierra.It's now a separate program anymore. 2017 Premiere doesn't work either. Oddly, I discovered that my old Prelude 2015 works fine. Also a note, both Apple and Adobe act like there are no problems... both relate as if I'm a beginner who has some toy cameras and have no idea what I'm doing after a career of network production for over 40 years. I even talked to a friend at DV Magazine today who tested my mts problem and she got the same result. Apple is ignoring this elephant in the room. Hundreds of people have posted about it.

Mickey Grant

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]