FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rolling credits won't export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elli Morris
Rolling credits won't export
on Dec 18, 2017 at 5:30:20 pm

After rendering the selection, rolling credits created in Essential Graphics look fine when played on the timeline - they start off screen then rolling up smoothly and finish off screen. When I export them, they begin somewhere in the middle and don't go to the end. I'm using Sierra 10.12.6 and PP CC 2018. I exported as MPEG2 (the format I actually need) but doesn't work so I exported as H264 which didn't change anything. All he tutorials on line make it look so simple but this is not working at all. Suggestions and help please! Thank you.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Rolling credits won't export
on Dec 18, 2017 at 5:46:07 pm

Check if you have in and out set properly in the timeline.

Return to posts index

Elli Morris
on Dec 18, 2017 at 6:20:03 pm

What should they be? The default has the preroll, postroll, ease in and ease out at 00:00:00:00

Return to posts index

Elli Morris
on Dec 18, 2017 at 8:08:57 pm

I started a new text roll graphic. When I clicked on the text it had the red box down lower so I thought maybe there was an order necessary to starting. It is now beginning at the beginning but it starts on screen, not off. I changed the settings within the graphic itself, putting it down in the negative numbers and I also repositioned it in the effects section. No changes. I added 3 sec of preroll and now it just takes 3 seconds longer for it to start moving.

Exporting as GoPro CineForm just made it a mess! Outlined all the font then doubled it up at the end.

I exported it as a file, it only goes about 1/4 of the way thru. I duplicated the graphic, removed the first section that had been exported, repeat, repeat, until I had all the credits. I imported all those clips in and timed them to look like rolling credits. Absolutely absurd.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 18, 2017 at 5:51:57 pm

I’ve had similar issues, but with using Project Manager to transcode/consolidate the sequence. The positioning gets all messed up on Essential Graphics.

Try exporting to an all iFrame codec like Apple Pro Res or GoPro Cineform.

If that works, take the resulting file and transcode that to MPEG2.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Dec 18, 2017 at 6:00:13 pm

I haven't gone deep into using the new Essential Graphics options.
I wonder if this is still kind of a Dynamic Link thing to AE?

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Dec 18, 2017 at 6:43:09 pm

I only see the basic credits but no actual scrolling one?
When using Export, can you check the Output panel and scrub the source range at the bottom.
See if you can at least check on whats selected and whats showing up.

Return to posts index

Elli Morris
on Dec 18, 2017 at 8:11:20 pm

I looked - it shows the entire rolling credit sequence. But it sure doesn't output it!

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Dec 18, 2017 at 8:19:14 pm

I tried the basic Film Credits one and that exported fine.
Again I'm not sure if you are using a scrolling one which I can't seem to find.
Did you check the Export Window and see if all settings are correct?

Return to posts index

Elli Morris
on Dec 19, 2017 at 8:24:19 pm

The rolling credit is kinda difficult to find. When the essential graphic is up, click on the title then click below it for the "responsive design -time" to appear. There you can select rolling along w other options. I did not use one of the premise options, I created it myself.

The rest of the film exports just fine so I assume the settings are correct. Rolling credit is the only issue it has.

Return to posts index

Elli Morris
on Dec 19, 2017 at 9:30:03 pm

Final update! It didn't work when I imported the credits as .mov so I went Legacy. OH HOW MUCH EASIER IT IS TO USE! Essential Graphics is cool for all the rest of what I made for the film but credits, when it "came back," didn't do so in any usable function. Even making the credits was painful in EG but in Legacy, a breeze! On to the next project...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]