FORUMS: list search recent posts

All Marker 'Info Boxes' Disappear in the Markers Panel Once One is Selected

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Kuzelicki
All Marker 'Info Boxes' Disappear in the Markers Panel Once One is Selected
on Dec 17, 2017 at 3:29:34 pm

Would love someone to explain the mysterious behaviour of markers and their 'info boxes' in the Markers panel.

If I set markers on the timeline and name them, etc they show up as a list of info boxes in the Markers panel (sorry, if that's not the correct term - can't think how else to describe the list in the Markers panel). That's great because I can click on a particular info box and the playhead jumps to the corresponding marker in the timeline.

But as soon as I click on that info box (and the playhead has jumped to the marker in the timeline) all the other info boxes, for all the other markers, disappear. If I want the list to return I have to click in the timeline on an empty video or audio track and only then will all the info boxes come back.

That seems a bit weird to me, as it would make more sense to have all the info boxes for all the markers sitting in the Markers panel all the time. Even more weird is that sometimes they do! 'Sometimes', for whatever reason, the list just stays there and I can easily jump around the timeline to my different markers.

But, 'other times' the list disappears as soon as I click on one entry, and I have to click in the timeline (on an empty video or audio track) to get it back. Of course, as soon as I select another marker, the list disappears again. Seems like a big waste of time having to keep reselecting the timeline each and every time.

How do I just keep the list of 'info boxes' for the markers in the timeline there all the time?

I'm not sure why it sometimes works and others times doesn't.

Any ideas anyone?

PS - I'm on a MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2014 model) running OSX - Yosemite 10.10.5, using PPro 2017, 11.1.2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved