Premiere CC 2017.1 + Ryzen 1700x + GTX 1080: slower than my old setup

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samuele Latino
Premiere CC 2017.1 + Ryzen 1700x + GTX 1080: slower than my old setup
on Dec 15, 2017 at 2:57:06 pm
Last Edited By Samuele Latino on Dec 16, 2017 at 12:34:00 pm

Hello everyone!
I return to this forum after a long time because I still need help with Premiere and the computer I use. For months now I try to find a solution to my problem, but I have reached the point of exasperation and I don't know what to do anymore. Let's start from the principle: about 4/5 years ago I composed a computer for video editing with Premiere CS6/CC 2017 with the following specifications

Windows 8.1
Processor: AMD FX 9590 Octa Core 4.7GHz
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 750 2gb
RAM: 32gb (8gb x 4) DDR3
Hard disk SSD 500gb for the system and 3 hard disk 2tb for projects and videos

The computer all in all worked very well, he could easily edit 4k videos with many LUTs with quite fluid playback. The only flaw is that very often crashed, not only Premiere but also BDOS or simply restarted unexpectedly. In the end, after a lot of research on the internet, I discovered that the problem was the processor that, at the time, I didn't know had temperature problems (220 TDP), so with the standard overclocked motherboard overheated so much. So I removed the overclock and finally didn't give that kind of trouble anymore, but compared to before it became extremely slow on playback. So in the end I decided to update the computer components, initially my idea was to make an Intel that, from what I could understand, works much better with Premiere, but apparently in my country Intel are impossible to find if not waiting for months, so in the end I decided to update with these components:

Windows 10
Processor: AMD Ryzen 1700x 3.4GHz (up to 3.6GHz)
Motherboard: AsRock x370 Taichi
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 8gb
RAM: 16gb (8gb x 2) DDR4
Hard disk SSD 500gb for the system and 3 hard disk 2tb for projects and videos

For what I have spent and for what I saw in the reviews on the internet I expected a sharp change in performance in the playback speed, unfortunately it was not. Yes, it's faster than the previous computer without overclocking but slower than the previous computer with overclocking. Honestly I don't know how to do it anymore, I've seen hundreds of blogs, videos, websites, etc. trying to find a solution to my problem, but no one who can say anything precise, and it's very frustrating, especially after spending a lot of money unnecessarily.

So my question is, is there a way to make sure that Premiere can play smoothly?

Some clarifications:
- I'm not the one using Premiere, these problems are exposed to me by those who edit
- I've already tried the proxy solution and to lower the quality of the preview monitor, however he needs to work at the highest quality and as quickly as possible, therefore without waiting for reconversion
- the GPU on Premiere is enabled (even if it's not used that much)
- The computer has been formatted as soon as the computer is mounted, so I tried Premiere even without anything else installed
- Quicktime is not installed
- I have also tried with more recent versions of Premiere, but always the same result
- The lag problem in playback also occurs only with a 4k clip with a LUT, without any effect it doesn't give any problem

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]