FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam editing with multiple clips from each camera, can it be done?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren Kaiser
Multicam editing with multiple clips from each camera, can it be done?
on Dec 14, 2017 at 3:31:13 pm

I'm trying to figure out the best plan of attack for a project I'm currently working on. I'm new to Multicam editing and had thought it might be the best course of action, but now I'm not sure if it's even an option.

Recently we filmed a live event at a university using 3 cameras, 2 cameras recorded sound by using an audio drop in the room the other camera was not recording sound. That's all well and good.

Here is where I think the problem lies. The videographers are all students and it appears that for whatever reason instead of taking one continuous shot they stopped recording then started again, more than once. So I'm left with multiple clips from each of the 3 cameras. Is there a way in which I can still use a Multicam sequence and edit multiple clips from multiple cameras and sync up the sounds? Meaning is there a way to say these 5 clips are all camera one and these 4 clips are camera 2 and have it match them all up to sound track as close as possible?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: Multicam editing with multiple clips from each camera, can it be done?
on Dec 14, 2017 at 3:52:03 pm

[Lauren Kaiser] "is there a way to say these 5 clips are all camera one and these 4 clips are camera 2 and have it match them all up to sound track as close as possible? "

Based on your description you have 2 issues - one of your three cameras has no sound (and I'm assuming no timecode) and you have multiple takes per camera.

Select the clips from the browser that come from the 2 cameras that have audio on them - when you make your multicam clip Ppro will put each clip on it's own track, which is not what you want. However you can easily open up the multicam timeline (multiclips are specialized nested timelines) and drag all of your Camera A clips to track 1 and then all of your camera B clips to track 2 (remember to consolidate your audio tracks as well.) So even if Ppro originally gave you a multicam with 9 tracks, it's very easy to reduce that down to the 2 tracks for 2 cameras. Then you will have to manually place the clips from your third camera on track 3 and sync them as best you can by eye.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Lauren Kaiser
on Dec 15, 2017 at 3:47:46 pm

Thank you so much for your response that helps a lot! I have just one follow up question. You mentioned that since I have multiple clips, each clip will end up on its own separate track first and then I could move all the of the clips from camera A to one track and camera B to a second. Once I move the video clips, is there still a way to have Adobe automatically sync up the individual video clips to the audio track, or will I have to do it manually?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Dec 18, 2017 at 1:07:37 pm

[Lauren Kaiser] "Once I move the video clips, is there still a way to have Adobe automatically sync up the individual video clips to the audio track, or will I have to do it manually?"

The clips will be in sync on the timeline to begin with. When you consolidate the clips to 2 tracks just make sure you maintain their sync relationship with the timeline - hold the shift key down as you move them with the arrow keys.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Lauren Kaiser
on Dec 18, 2017 at 3:19:26 pm

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]