Mask a text layer with a shape layer

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mikael Holmström
Mask a text layer with a shape layer
on Dec 14, 2017 at 9:38:49 am
Last Edited By Mikael Holmström on Dec 14, 2017 at 10:00:23 am

Hi,

Is it possible to mask parts of a Text layer with a Shape layer in an Essential Graphics template in Premiere? Very much the same way as the Track Matte works in After Effects.

Alternatively, how sync the path of the Mask of the Text layer itself with the path of a Shape layer.

Thanks
Mikael

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: Mask a text layer with a shape layer
on Dec 14, 2017 at 2:36:35 pm

The legacy titling system would be your best bet. I might be able to do a tutorial but for now you can watch the video below. It might be wise to skip to 11 minutes in.

Return to posts index

Mikael Holmström
on Dec 18, 2017 at 8:20:27 am

Thank you Andy.

The legacy titling tool could be a workaround. However, since my task is to create easy-to-use templates for others to use, I think an Essential Graphics template built in AE is a better choice.

It just would be great to be able to build it in Premiere, since I sometimes experience AE templates to require (more) render time.

Mikael

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Dec 18, 2017 at 8:59:05 am

You could create a motion graphics sequence with animated masks and mattes to use in other other projects. It would not be as good as a template using the new Essential Graphics Panel but you could do a lot more with the old titling system.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]