FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export problem in Premiere Pro CC. File doesn't get smaller when frame size is reduced.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve dann
Export problem in Premiere Pro CC. File doesn't get smaller when frame size is reduced.
on Dec 12, 2017 at 11:15:28 pm

I'm trying to export as small as possible an H264 mp4 file from PPCC using Media Encoder, for client preview. Quality not important so I've reduced to minimum but when I try to reduce file size further by reducing frame size (from 1920 x 1080 to 480 x 270) there isn't a corresponding reduction in file size. If I do this in Mpeg streamclip reducing frame size will reduce file size.
Any ideas why Media Encoder doesn't behave the same way?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Export problem in Premiere Pro CC. File doesn't get smaller when frame size is reduced.
on Dec 12, 2017 at 11:45:31 pm

The bit rate probably isn't changing.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

steve dann
Re: Export problem in Premiere Pro CC. File doesn't get smaller when frame size is reduced.
on Dec 12, 2017 at 11:51:37 pm

Hi. Thanks for reply.
Bit rate is the same but there's fewer pixels to encode. Why would that not make a smaller file?
Are you saying that having reduced the frame size I should be able to manually reduce bit rate to get more or less the same picture quality?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 13, 2017 at 12:09:45 am

Correct.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Dec 13, 2017 at 5:34:04 am

[steve dann] "Are you saying that having reduced the frame size I should be able to manually reduce bit rate to get more or less the same picture quality?"

The encoder doesn't care about the resolution. It cares about the amount of data it's allowed to use. You could export a 16K image with 128 kbit/s. It would look terrible but the encoder would be working within the parameters it has been given.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]