FORUMS: list search recent posts

removing LUT when it appears to not be un lumetri??

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Moog Gravett
removing LUT when it appears to not be un lumetri??
on Dec 12, 2017 at 3:55:06 pm

Hi folks,

I have a question about LUTs in Premiere.

I have a load of Amira footage which gets some kind of LUT applied when I import. However I'd prefer to see it raw at this point in the edit process.

I've found some info at...
https://forums.creativecow.net/docs/forums/post.php?forumid=3&postid=999509...

but this dosen't seem to cover my problem as it appears that there is no LUT in lumetri in the first place.

In my image, the top image is my prem timeline, the lower image is the raw in Quicktime and there's the lumetri strip showing no LUT.

Any ideas?

Thanks Moog

Return to posts index

Moog Gravett
Re: removing LUT when it appears to not be un lumetri?? **SOLVED**
on Dec 12, 2017 at 4:31:04 pm

I've found the solution, but I'll leave this here in case it's useful to someone else. Turns out that the LUT is applied as a masterclip effect which you need to turn off in the project menu.

Here's the info which I found from a poster on Reddit...

"for some reason when you import Arri/Alexa Mini footage into Premiere it automatically applies an Arri LUT to give flat footage a video look without asking you. Furthermore, this is ONLY visible as an effect if you select the clip in the project panel / list and check the effect tab - something I have never done, after years of using Premiere. I check the effects tab all the time when a clip is in the timeline, but not when it's just sitting there, freshly imported. Furthermore, this effect listing DISAPPEARS when you bring the clip into the timeline but the effect stays ON. So to fix this all you have to do is select the clip(s) you want to remove the LUT from in the Project browser, go to the Effects tab, and disable or delete it. Alternatively, select the clip(s), right click and click "Disable Masterclip Effects". Thanks for the stress, Adobe!"

Cheers,

Moog

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Dec 13, 2017 at 3:40:36 am

key 'f' match frame works too to load it into master clip.

Return to posts index

Ann Foo
on Dec 26, 2017 at 7:49:51 pm

Just to clarify, it's not really a LUT. Its a type of colour space. So what you actually need to do is manually choose a Log colour space instead.... it's not an effect that you can remove. I've actually been meaning to ask a camera person if this is metadata that can be set in camera... so that all the files are instructed to display in Log automatically. Because there is not batch way to change the colour space of all the clips in Premiere sadly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]