Proxy Frame Rate

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Moog Gravett
Proxy Frame Rate
on Dec 12, 2017 at 3:49:33 pm

Hi folks,

Hope you can help with this problem.

I'm creating proxy files from a 4k source, but there's an issue with the frame rate on the proxies.
There's a bit of a weird thing, (and I suspect this is the crux of the matter). The footage was shot at 30fps, but when I import it appears as 25fps. (incorrect as is looks slow)

I interpret the footage as 30fps then create proxies but the proxies remain at 25fps.
I've also tried creating proxies at 25fps and THEN interpret, but that makes no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the frame rates in sync?

Cheers,

Moog

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Proxy Frame Rate
on Dec 12, 2017 at 6:00:12 pm

What camera was used to shoot the 4K? What codec is the original 4K? How did you convert the footage to Proxies?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Dec 13, 2017 at 1:09:53 am

Saw this recently in the Adobe forum:

NB:
The built-in proxies don't work properly with time-remapped clips. There's a way to do it though ...

* In the Project panel, select the original clip/s that have been interpreted (time change) and need proxies
* Right-click, Proxies/create proxies; AME will launch, switch to that app immediately and ...
* Stop the encoding process in AME before it finishes, and select that clip then right-click "Reset Status"
* Select (all clips, if working a number of them), right-click and select "Interpret footage" setting the timebase to that of the modified originals;
* click the go-ahead arrow to process the proxies; when complete, all but the stopped/reset clip will show in PrPro as "attached" in the PrPro Project panel.
* For the clip that was stopped/reset, right-click on the original media clip/s in PrPro, right-click, "Proxies/Attach Proxies"
* Select the clip, then navigate to where the proxies are stored on disc, select, "attach" and voila.

Return to posts index

Moog Gravett
on Dec 13, 2017 at 4:35:58 pm

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for that, worked a treat!

For future reference and knowledge sharing, it turns out that our camera operator changed the frame rate on his camera, but not the project rate, which is the whole cause of this mess.

Great to have a solution.

Cheers,

Moog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]