FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using a color matte with a green screen

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren Kaiser
Using a color matte with a green screen
on Dec 11, 2017 at 4:08:31 pm

I could use a little advice. I'm editing footage of an interview that was shot in front of a screen and the green needs to become a very specific shade of purple (the company's color). I created a color matte for the exact shade I needed and have set it to the background. I used the ultra key effect and I have made various tweaks and adjustments to eliminate the green.

The problem I'm running into is the purple background just looks so flat and fake no matter what adjustments I seem to make within the ultra key effect. Is there anything I can do to change this, or is that just the nature of the beast when using a color matte? I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2017 on a iMac.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Using a color matte with a green screen
on Dec 11, 2017 at 6:35:11 pm

A color matte is a SOLID COLOR. Period. Therefore it will look artificial. Perhaps get some type of textured still image, change colors to purple range in Photoshop, and use that for the background? Or at least use a gradient rather than a solid color matte.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Richard Martz
on Dec 11, 2017 at 7:26:19 pm

You have a flat background so that will probably always look flat because that is exactly what it is. A quick fix might be to put a VIgnette on it using Lumetri. Darken the edges of the matte and preserve the center color.

Sincerely,
Richard Martz

MagicMartz Media, Inc.
BrikPower Batteries
Atlanta, GA

FCP 7
FCP X
Panasonic GH4 4K cameras with Cinema Lenses
ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE CC
Premiere Pro
DaVinci Resolve 9.0
MAC 8 core w 32GB memory
After Effects
PhotoShop
Illustrator
Sony HD Cameras
24' Camera Crane with Motorhead
8' jib arm
20K watts of lighting
Multitrack audio
Teleprompters
Grip Truck/trailer
Location video monitoring
Door and hood mounts
Lots of other Fun Stuff!

Return to posts index

Lauren Kaiser
on Dec 11, 2017 at 10:05:57 pm

Thank you both very much! I'll definitely look into to using something other than a color matte so I can get some texture or gradient.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Dec 11, 2017 at 10:35:50 pm

[Lauren Kaiser] "Thank you both very much! I'll definitely look into to using something other than a color matte so I can get some texture or gradient."

You could create a logo and tile the background with it or better yet create some motion graphics or mattes. Premiere Pro has an awesome titling system (legacy titling system).

You might want to start watching at 9:00 into the video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]