FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footage very choppy during playback?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Gilmore
Footage very choppy during playback?
on Dec 10, 2017 at 7:38:48 am
Last Edited By Paul Gilmore on Dec 10, 2017 at 7:50:03 am

I am fairly new to Premier and I am use CC. I am editing a wedding that was shot on Cannon and Sony DSLR and when I playback the footage it's extremely choppy, jittery, freezes etc. It does not play smoothly. Is this a setting I need to change in Adobe? I don't believe it's my PC as it's a DELL workstation 4TB HD, 18GB RAM, Video card GEFORCE 750TI so it should handle raw HD footage fine. I have added a screenshot of the footage details along with video clip of the footage to this message. If you need any other questions ask away.

Thanks for the help!
Paul

https://f1.creativecow.net/11950/11950

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: Footage very choppy during playback?
on Dec 10, 2017 at 7:58:55 am

You have the playback set a full resolution. Drop it 1/2 or maybe even 1/4. the GTX 750 Ti will work but it is a mediocre GPU. Any Desktop Quad Core i7 at 3 GHZ or higher should work OK as well.

Return to posts index

Richard Martz
on Dec 11, 2017 at 7:38:16 pm

I assume you have a bunch of different cameras/ camera angles stacked up in your timeline. In which case a 2GB card may not be enough. Having done this for awhile and used several workstations my experience is that your video card is at least as important as your processor speed and RAM.

Sincerely,
Richard Martz

MagicMartz Media, Inc.
BrikPower Batteries
Atlanta, GA

FCP X
Panasonic GH4 4K cameras with Cinema Lenses and XLR/SDI/TImecode units
ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE CC
Premiere Pro
DaVinci Resolve 9.0
MAC 12 core w 64GB memory
After Effects
PhotoShop
Illustrator
Sony HD Cameras
24' Camera Crane with Motorhead
8' jib arm
20K watts of lighting
Multitrack audio
Teleprompters
Grip Truck/trailer
Location video monitoring
Door and hood mounts
Lots of other Fun Stuff!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Dec 11, 2017 at 9:29:52 pm

Hi Paul,

How is the G: drive (for video) connected? Make sure it is not USB 2.0, too slow.

Regarding footage, for best results, copy ENTIRE contents of SD card to new folder on hard drive. Includes ALL FILES/FOLDERS, not just video clips. Then in Premiere, import using Media Browser. I've seen this import method help with choppy playback. Has other benefits as well, like joining spanned clips automatically, avoiding duplicate clip confusion in Premiere, etc.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Paul Gilmore
on Dec 12, 2017 at 12:41:24 am

Thanks for the help. The first response was correct, I set the preview screen to 1/4 and all is good!

Thanks for the help!
Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]