FORUMS: list search recent posts

What it takes to edit an SNL short

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg janza
What it takes to edit an SNL short
on Dec 8, 2017 at 6:32:45 am

I've been a huge fan of the SNL shorts for many years not only because they are consistently hilarious but also because the production values are extremely high for films that have to come together in a very short amount of time.

Adam Epstein created a screen capture timelapse of his Premiere app for last week's "Welcome to Hell" short and it's mesmerizing to watch:

https://vimeo.com/245771842

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: What it takes to edit an SNL short
on Dec 11, 2017 at 3:22:00 pm

Did I read this right, that the final version exported with about 10 minutes left until the show started?

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Dec 11, 2017 at 4:33:27 pm

I'm pretty sure many things on the show end up going down to the wire either in last minute re-write or edit so it doesn't surprise me too much that he exported out right before air.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 11, 2017 at 6:13:17 pm

You know what else it takes to edit an SNL short? Being hired by SNL...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Dec 11, 2017 at 8:12:04 pm

[Shane Ross] "You know what else it takes to edit an SNL short? Being hired by SNL...
"

20 years ago that would've been very exciting. Today, not so much. But I do respect the work.

- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]