FORUMS: list search recent posts

remote employee

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Tate
remote employee
on Dec 6, 2017 at 2:32:08 pm

does anyone know of an elegant solution for working with remote video editors? I'd rather not ship drives back and forth but the footage files are so huge. any thoughts?

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: remote employee
on Dec 6, 2017 at 5:38:49 pm

If the media is more than 20-30gigs the most efficient workflow is to ship a drive to the editor.

Working with an editor remotely should be a pretty straightforward thing. And if you need to collaborate during the edit I'd recommend using Skype because of Skype's ability to share a screen. I recently worked with a remote producer through skype and it worked well. She and I could talk through our edit and she could watch whatever I selected on the timeline or in the source window.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: remote employee
on Dec 6, 2017 at 5:51:29 pm

Upload very small Proxies.....editor makes the cuts and sends you the project file back. You relink to your proxies plus original media and Bam!

Hint....ProRes Proxies can be made into any frame size. 360 x 288 or even smaller. You can package up piles of original footage into a couple hundred gigs or so (uploadable).

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]