FORUMS: list search recent posts

No audio on some clips in the Timeline and Preview in Premiere pro 18

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan Hrivnak
No audio on some clips in the Timeline and Preview in Premiere pro 18
on Dec 5, 2017 at 8:52:04 pm

Up until this point, Premiere Pro has shown no signs of the audio not working. That is until yesterday. I shoot all of my videos on an IPhone 7 Plus and sometimes use the app: Filmic Pro. I dropped all of my files in and began editing. For some reason some clips after I put them into the time line just completely loose audio. Also just to note all of the clips do have audio. I rendered all of the audio and fx and even though the bar is green, the audio still doesn't play. The same is for clips that have the yellow bar. Please help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: No audio on some clips in the Timeline and Preview in Premiere pro 18
on Dec 5, 2017 at 11:44:52 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 6, 2017 at 1:32:16 am

[Dylan Hrivnak] "I shoot all of my videos on an IPhone 7 Plus and sometimes use the app: Filmic Pro."

"Sometimes" you use Filmic Pro? Just sometimes?

I'd double-check those trouble clips to see if they were ones NOT shot using Filmic Pro. I'll bet they weren't. Sure, they'll have audio in a viewer, but it's not the right kind of audio for use in PP. That's the problem with shooting on phones -- you don't know what you're getting.

There's a reason to use Filmic Pro ALL of the time. iPhones left on their own shoot in a variable frame rate, which stinks for use in PP... the audio and video doesn't sync up properly for one thing. On the other hand, Filmic Pro gives you nice setup options for recording fixed-frame-rate video AND good audio. You get more consistent footage, which is a very good thing indeed.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]