FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cheapest way for professional color timing?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joey Vigo
Cheapest way for professional color timing?
on Dec 5, 2017 at 8:44:06 pm

I edited a 5 hour documentary in Premiere Pro CC, shot on a C300. The last time I made a doc, we hired a post house to do the color timing. But can't really afford it this time.

I'm located in Los Angeles and I am wondering if I can bring my color timer guy into my office with a rented deck or something rather than going to a post house. He doesn't own any equipment but works with DaVinci machines and is up for whatever solution we come up with.

Currently I just have simple color correction filters that have been attached to the video clips since the last version of Premiere we had before the upgrade. Not sure if the colorist will keep these or not.

Cheers!
joey

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Cheapest way for professional color timing?
on Dec 5, 2017 at 10:26:13 pm

Try to find someone independent who will do this. Someone with a home setup, and not a full blown post house. Because professional color correction still requires access to professional tools, like an IO card and color correction monitor. Brining someone to your facility that lacks these won't get you anywhere, unfortunately. As they wouldn't have the tools needed to do the job. Like asking a. Plumber to fix the pipes without a wrench.

If I wasn't so busy I'd help you, but I have too much on my plate. But look for an independent colorist with their own setup...you can even post a job listing on Facebooks I NEED A FINISHER group. I'm sure you'll get nibbles.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Cheapest way for professional color timing?
on Dec 5, 2017 at 11:30:32 pm

find someone who at least has a calibrated monitor even if its a cheap monitor and did a basic audio eq and audio volume check or you'll get sub-quality.

resolve has a match clip feature via XML so...just sayin 😉 and check their reel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]