FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best workflow for multicamera editing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Turner
Best workflow for multicamera editing
on Dec 3, 2017 at 7:31:36 pm

I'm getting confused about the best workflow to edit multi camera in Premiere. Here's an example project with a list of what I'd like to do —

-Sync externally recorded audio to picture — three-track WAV files, consisting of two lavs and boom, and two Alexas transcoded to ProRes 422.

-Create a multicamera clip that can switch between cameras both in the source monitor with audio-follow-video a la Avid Media Composer, and that plays back a mono mixdown of the WAV file.

-Cut these clips into a sequence, have each clip maintain the ability to switch between A and B camera, have it cut in all three wav tracks, and also be able to match back from either picture or audio to the original multicam clip.

-Have any audio or picture adjustments made in the timeline be on a clip-by-clip basis. For example, I can adjust the gain on any WAV clip in the timeline without affecting the others I've already cut in.

From what I've read and watched it looks like the "merge clip" function is not the way to go anymore (?) so I should be creating multicamera source sequences. But I'm confused about how to create these clips and have them cut in a way I can understand, especially with how Premiere is treating multichannel audio.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]