FORUMS: list search recent posts

Essential Graphics not stretching to fill on output

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bloemer
Essential Graphics not stretching to fill on output
on Nov 30, 2017 at 9:58:17 pm

Real quick..

We've built a non-16x9 program that is being output to a 16x9 anamorphic file using the stretch to fill option. It works perfectly. Until now.

This is the first time I've used the new Essential graphics tool.

On output, everything scales correctly but the graphics. They are locked in place and not transferred to the anamorphic shape. They are ignored by the Stretch to fill command.

Playback is waiting... any ideas?

I have tried adding a null object to the graphic that fill the screen. No help.

thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Essential Graphics not stretching to fill on output
on Nov 30, 2017 at 10:51:04 pm

Does the After Effects comp upon which the template is based match the dimensions of the PP edit timeline?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joe Bloemer
on Dec 1, 2017 at 2:04:14 am

No after effects involved. I just used the title tool to make the title in premiere.

So I guess my answer would be "I don't know." It sound like you have an idea.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on Dec 1, 2017 at 12:23:49 am

Essential Graphics is a nightmare!!!

Just the fact that you would have to make media for every title is a pathetic move, made by someone who is not an editor with network or cable channel experience.

The developers might want to reach out to we users before they screw us up.

Venting is good.

Eric

Return to posts index

Joe Bloemer
on Dec 1, 2017 at 2:01:46 am

I do have to agree with you the vast majority of the time. Many things in this product occaisionally SEEMS to be designed by people with no actual editing experience. (Why can't I make alternate versions of the same timeline with nests without changing both versions? In a professional environment, I need that every day).

This is my first try with essential graphics and it seems to address your point perfectly. Make a title on the timeline, copy and past it, change the second one and the first remains unchanged. It doesn't seem to make media. No duplicating the clip, renaming it, editing it then dropping it back in the timeline. This is a good thing.

Now if it would just output correctly....

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 1, 2017 at 2:02:58 am

[Eric Merklein] "Essential Graphics is a nightmare!!!"

Well, there's that, too...

When Adobe releases a new feature like this, I typically wait a couple of versions -- yes, versions -- before I try to use it. The bugs and weirdness have generally been worked out. Generally. Not always.

Dontcha just love Adobe software?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Dec 1, 2017 at 2:32:58 am

[Eric Merklein] "Essential Graphics is a nightmare!!!

Just the fact that you would have to make media for every title is a pathetic move, made by someone who is not an editor with network or cable channel experience.

The developers might want to reach out to we users before they screw us up.

Venting is good."

I think everyone needs to let Adobe know "not" to get rid of the old titling system. I think the Essential Graphics Panel is pure BS. It lacks a lot of features that the old titling system had. I would have preferred Adobe just slightly revamp the old titling tools. I think Adobe wasted time creating something worse than we had yet they did not fix all the bugs. I say send your thoughts to Adobe's bug report and feature request if you are unhappy with the Essential Graphic Panel . I have.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 1, 2017 at 6:20:26 pm

[andy patterson] "I say send your thoughts to Adobe's bug report and feature request if you are unhappy with the Essential Graphic Panel . I have."

And welcome to the Adobe Unpaid Beta Tester Program! Membership comes with every CC rental!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Dec 1, 2017 at 10:58:35 pm

Are you sending it to AME for rendering? Try rendering our from the PPro Export Settings dialog. You won't be able to work in PPro while it renders, but I've had similar things happen. I had a lower third graphic render on the top of the screen when going to H264. Which reminds me. Are you rendering straight to h264? I would try ProRes or something first, see if that takes care of it.
Sorry, you didn't share too many exact details.
TC

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 2, 2017 at 11:01:22 pm

The text positioning gets all messed up if you use Project Manager to Consolidate the sequence, as well.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Dec 5, 2017 at 12:00:21 am

[John Pale] "The text positioning gets all messed up if you use Project Manager to Consolidate the sequence, as well."

Let Adobe know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]