FORUMS: list search recent posts

A renegade White Matte !! - Mac monitor Vs TV.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony Faulkner
A renegade White Matte !! - Mac monitor Vs TV.
on Nov 30, 2017 at 4:20:12 am
Last Edited By anthony Faulkner on Nov 30, 2017 at 4:22:34 am

Hi,

I edited a project that in a last minute edit before publishing required a puppeteer's hair be cut from a scene that was shot in a white studio.
On a new Apple monitor on my Eizo broadcast monitor, on my i phone the matte is invisible.

The 15 minute video was published on Facebook.

When I later watched it on chromecast on my quite new High def TV the Matte was suddenly apparent. More than Apparent. Hideously apparent...

Yet a previous opacity matte that I had applied to the same scene cutting out other areas of renegade hair with a backing of a white matte was invisible...?

Can I get some advice as to how i am to check for this in the edit. Is there a white limiter or something I should be using if TV is the destination. Should I expect the same thing with Blacks and all colors?

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: A renegade White Matte !! - Mac monitor Vs TV.
on Nov 30, 2017 at 8:00:57 am

I am thinking some of the monitors are using YUV color space and the others using RGB? Some may be 10 bit others may be 8 bit. If you are doing work for broadcast or cable casting 3rd party hardware from Blackmagic Design, AJA or Matrox mwould be wise. I was going to do a video showing the difference between the color space on a computer monitor VS a broadcast monitor but I doubt it would look correct after being up loaded to YouTube. Having said that you might find the link below helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]