FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC 2017 is absolutely driving me nuts!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rubasch
CC 2017 is absolutely driving me nuts!
on Nov 29, 2017 at 8:42:15 pm

We have 4 2010 and new Mac Pros with Kona LHI cards running Yosemite and CC 2017 (latest, but not the beta). We have edited over our Aggregated Gigabit Ethernet for years, nay decades and it was flawless thru FCP7 and CC 2015. But lately with only the update to CC 2017 everything has gotten mega hitchy. Freezes, poor timeline playback, poor linking and generally poor performance. We only cut 1920 x 1080 footage as always and recently began creating proxies to ease the bandwidth. Better results as you'd expect but still hitchy and crashy.

If I export an XML of a sequence and import to CC 2015 everything is smooth as butter.

I cannot believe I am the only one running Yosemite on a 2010 Mac Pro or newer with CC 2017 having these issues.

Anyone else concur?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: CC 2017 is absolutely driving me nuts!
on Nov 30, 2017 at 2:06:48 am

Try updating your Kona firmware.

FWIW, I sold my AJA Kona on my home system because it performed poorly with Adobe CC. Random freezes and issues stopped when I switched to Blackmagic. AJA was better with Avid and FCP, but with Adobe it just wasn’t great. At my day job, they use AJA iO 4K’s. They were glitchy too, but a bit better with recent versions of driver/firmware. On Adobe CC2018 now.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: CC 2017 is absolutely driving me nuts!
on Nov 30, 2017 at 2:54:58 am

It might be the AJA drivers but I wonder if the Mac OS X doesn't work as well as the Windows PCs with 3rd party hardware. All I can say is my Windows PC works great with the Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle. There is no performance loss at all. In fact I can output several layer of native Red One R3D files with ease using the Intensity Shuttle (it downs scales 4k to HD). I doubt you can switch platforms (Mac to PC) overnight but it might be worth looking into. In one of the other forums at the Cow it was mentioned you cannot over look the power of a $1600.00 gaming PC for video editing. Many folks thought an HP workstation was the only option on the PC side but that assumption is not true. Having said that have you ever thought about investing in a Windows PC?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]