FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing keypoint interpolation

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lars Sommer
Removing keypoint interpolation
on Nov 29, 2017 at 8:04:28 pm

Hi.

I´ve been trying for hours to make this simple thing work, and I dont think I know enough on the subject to fully understand what I am doing, so I hope you can help ☺

I want to slide an image into the picture, and afterwards out, with a "custom easy ease in" movement.
So I have to keyframes with the exact slide-in motion I want:

Now I would like to copy these to keyframes, so I can keep the exact movement, and just change the image position on the keyframes, so the image can slide out of the picture the same way it came in.
Problem is, when I do this Premiere adds some wierd movement on the image and some interpolation(?) between the keyframes. How do I remove this so it´s just linear, and now wierd movement?

I´ve tried right-clicking the keyframes and change the interpolation, dragging and the handles and what not, but I cant get rid of this auto-generated movement.

Thanks alot for your help :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Removing keypoint interpolation
on Nov 29, 2017 at 9:03:30 pm

Try to put the footage on a different track, then copy-paste the keyframes.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lars Sommer
on Nov 29, 2017 at 9:33:00 pm

Hi Dave.

Thanks alot for your answer.
I´ve tried to copy the image to another track, then copy the original keyframes and paste them to the newly image, but the result is the exactly same :/

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 30, 2017 at 4:56:41 pm

Then you have unwanted keyframes elsewhere in the original clip. You don't see them because you trimmed up the clip.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lars Sommer
on Nov 30, 2017 at 8:13:01 pm

I have just dragged a jpg image into the timeline. 4 seconds duration, and I have not manipulated it yet.. So I dont think it´s because of unwanted keyframes..

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Nov 30, 2017 at 5:20:35 pm

I think you are using bezier instead of linear. You have to right click on the key frame to switch to linear.

Return to posts index

Lars Sommer
on Nov 30, 2017 at 8:10:21 pm

I´ve tried to change the interpolation to linear, but it does not help.
Please see this gif on how I do it. Maybe you can catch me in doing something wrong ☺

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Nov 30, 2017 at 8:56:13 pm

Are both temporal and spacial set to linear?

Return to posts index

Lars Sommer
on Nov 30, 2017 at 9:14:03 pm

Spatial, yes. If i set the Temporal interpolation to linear, it totally changes the interpolation velocity on the existing keyframe, but I still cant get rid of the weird interpolation between the two keyframes.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Dec 1, 2017 at 10:44:37 pm

Wish I could see what was going on with your image, because what I see is you copying and pasting two keyframes that will result in the same exact transition, not reversing. You would need to rearrange the last two keyframes for a reverse in direction. Or am I not seeing something???

Return to posts index

Lars Sommer
on Dec 2, 2017 at 9:37:12 am

Thanks alot for your answer! I don´t know what happened, I´ve tried adjusting the keyframes to the correct positions after they we´re copied but the problem was the same. And since then I have just focused the interpolation problem without adjusting the position. But right now I´ve adjusted the positions and it works!
So thanks alot for your help! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]