FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere CC faster without Mercury Engine?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas Kinoss
Premiere CC faster without Mercury Engine?
on Nov 29, 2017 at 4:43:15 pm

i7-7700, 24GB RAM, RX480 8GB, and integrated Intel HD 630 graphics.

I have the latest update from Adobe with a CC account. For whatever reason Premiere detects the Intel graphics and uses that, but the program runs smoothly and I can scrub the playback bar seamlessly. However, I am unable to use the Mercury Engine for either software or hardware, as the option is entirely grayed out. Media Encoder takes forever to finish my project.

If I disable the Intel graphics card in device manager then it forces premiere to use the RX480, and I can then use the Mercury Engine, which exports my render very quickly in Media Encoder, but now scrubbing the playback bar in Premiere is slow and laggy. What is going on here?

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: Premiere CC faster without Mercury Engine?
on Nov 29, 2017 at 8:42:05 pm

You shouldn't even install the drivers for the Intel GPU let alone enable it. My I7 system has integrated graphics but I don't use it. You must onfigure your system properly.

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on Nov 29, 2017 at 10:15:57 pm

That's interesting. Where do you enable or disenable the Intel GPU during your configuration? In Premiere or somewhere else? Apple says it automatically switches to the real GPU. Maybe you're Windows.
Thanks,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Lucas Kinoss
on Nov 30, 2017 at 4:31:21 am

This is a new PC from Dell. Drivers for both were pre-installed (I have updated the RX480 drivers though). I'm afraid if I uninstall the intel drivers, then I will be stuck with poor performance in Premiere. Disabling the card seems to be an adequate workaround. As far as I know, disabling it in device manager should be enough to force the system to ignore it and any drivers related to it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]