FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hackintosh hates lumetri?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drysen Carsten
Hackintosh hates lumetri?
on Nov 29, 2017 at 3:41:50 pm

Hello!

I have an issue that has been driving me nuts over the past few months. When rendering from premiere, with the lumeteri effect on a clip, I receive an export with this weird artifact/glitch - https://vimeo.com/245025326.

A few workarounds I've found (occasionally) work are deleting the render files in to out, toggling between H.264, to QuickTime as an export codec (and vice versa). 100% of the time, if I delete the lumetri effect, it renders fine. It doesn't happen when I play back on my timeline prior to export unless I render the sequence in to out.

If I dynamic link everything to after effects, and render from there - it works just fine. Media Encoder will render with this issue.

My workstation is a built hackintosh (4.3ghz i7, 32 gb ram, geforce nvidia 960) and it works like a champ, until - I render a clip from premiere with the lumetri effect on. I read somewhere that this was an issue when rendering to H.264, but it's present in all codecs.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Hackintosh hates lumetri?
on Nov 29, 2017 at 6:48:33 pm

Does it happen if you send the clip to AE and add the Lumetri effect in AE? Or is it just PPro? Does it do it when queued to AME, or have you tried exporting straight out of PPro export dialog box? From AMe, try using Rendered: Software Only.
Just a few things to check out.
TC

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Nov 29, 2017 at 7:54:16 pm

Does it also happen when you export to other codecs?

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Nov 29, 2017 at 7:58:44 pm

That's what he said on the last line of his message.
" I read somewhere that this was an issue when rendering to H.264, but it's present in all codecs."

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Nov 29, 2017 at 8:06:19 pm

My mistake, didn't see that line.

If you move the Lumetri to a different folder inside of the lut folder in the Adobe Premiere settings does the glitch still appear?

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Nov 29, 2017 at 9:42:30 pm

if you transcode to prores 422 hq as an offline proxy full quality first, does the issue still exist? it could be the h.264 codec is messed up as well. what does it say in mediainfo for the codec type? I've seen some problems where a lavfilter hijacks the codec decode. Also, is this a XAVC codec?, because those have a known banding bug.

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto Croce
on Dec 1, 2017 at 5:43:06 pm

Have you tried to clean database cache?

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]