FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony HVR-m15u Deck just stopped capturing?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Bronte
Sony HVR-m15u Deck just stopped capturing?
on Nov 29, 2017 at 9:49:21 am

I purchased a second hand Sony HVR-m15u to capture a ton of miniHDV tapes. I've hooked it up to a Mac mini:
2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
4 GB Ram
Running Yosemite
I'm using Adobe's latest version of Premiere Pro CC version 12
It's been capturing flawlessly up until today. Premiere was reading the tapes time code but there was no picture preview and it would not initiate capture. I tried a different tape and repeated the process and I got the picture preview and everything looked like it was okay again. But when I put the original tape I needed to digitise back in the deck it wouldn't start capturing until after about 13 seconds which was a bit odd. It captured the tape without any problems apart from missing the first 13 seconds. When I went to capture the next tape, the deck just wouldn't work. Again, it displayed the time code and after restarting Premiere it stopped doing that. So now it's not displaying either the time code or picture and won't start the capturing process.
This is the first time I've used/owned an HDV deck so how can I tell if it's just something I need to do to get it going or the deck is stuffed? Is there some kind of diagnostic test I could preform? I've read in other forums you can hook it up to a monitor to get into the decks menu but I don't need to change anyt of the settings. But would that tell me what's wrong with the device. Everything was working great until it started all this.
Any advice or tips would be really appreciated!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Sony HVR-m15u Deck just stopped capturing?
on Nov 29, 2017 at 2:24:50 pm

Connect a TV monitor directly to the deck's analog video output - do you have a clean image there when playing a tape? If not, perhaps you need to run a head cleaner tape. There is not a special HDV head cleaner, just get a MiniDV head cleaner tape and try that.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]