FORUMS: list search recent posts

GoPro and Premier Pro query

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Dean
GoPro and Premier Pro query
on Nov 28, 2017 at 1:08:34 am

Hi, I have a question about GoPro cameras which includes a question about Premiere Pro. Happy to take this to another forum if there’s a better place for it - but I saw no obvious forums for GoPro.

I’ve been happily living under a rock for a few years and have never owned or used a GoPro. I now have a use for the camera, or any other camera that’s small and simple to use.

I will be mounting the camera in a stationary position above objects to be recorded, but need a recording with little or none of the typical distortion produced by a very wide angle lens. I understand there are GoPros that can vary their shot, and I have heard that Premier Pro can correct some if not all of the distortion.

Any experience or advice anyone has would be appreciated.

Essentially, the GoPro needs to record video of things that have horizontal and vertical lines that are straight, and should remain straight (like a rectangular window frame or picture frame.)

Thanks very much!

Dennis Dean

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
We'll help you get your story out!
http://www.deangroupmedia.com

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: GoPro and Premier Pro query
on Nov 28, 2017 at 5:06:07 am

Premiere Pro has a lens correction filter.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Nov 28, 2017 at 2:48:36 pm

GoPro offers a free editing software on their site, and it can be used to "transcode" the source footage into larger, easier to edit files that you then use in your choice of NLE. There is a checkbox that will correct the fish eye during the transcoding, works well.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Dennis Dean
on Nov 29, 2017 at 11:22:06 pm

Thanks, Jeff - will check it out!

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
We'll help you get your story out!
http://www.deangroupmedia.com