FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing shared projects from multiple user accounts

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Heathe
Editing shared projects from multiple user accounts
on Nov 27, 2017 at 10:46:40 pm

I have an iMac 5k 2017 running Adobe CC 2017. I've set up a shared group folder where with a Premiere project that has dynamic links to numerous comps in an After Effects project in the same shared folder. Footage is stored on an external Thunderbolt 3 Drive accessible to all users on the computer.

I was hoping to set things up so that anyone (currently two of us, but could eventually be 3 or 4) who logs into their user account on the iMac is able to work on any of the projects in the shared group folder. (Each user has their own Adobe CC license, but not an enterprise or team license).

The objective is to allow everyone to personalize their own workspace, login to our own email, Slack etc. and to be able to quickly takeover for the other when needed.

Is this even possible? Collecting/moving files seems to be overkill for this situation. If it isn't possible, is there a different workflow that would meet our objectives (mainly efficiency)?

The other approach we thought of, was to have a "Production" user account and everyone would simply have to remember to log-in/out of all their user accounts each time.

The reason I ask is that some files linked to within After Effects appear to be stored outside the shared group folder and in the user folder of the main user account.

Thank you for any thoughts & insights.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]