I'm trying to record video off of a mobile phone screen for a client who wants to demonstrate an app. I've been using the AZ Screen Recorder for Android and the videos produced so far have been just fine. I can play them in Windows Media or QuickTime with no problem and the audio and video look just fine.
The problem is that when I import them into Premiere the speed of the video preview keeps ramping up and down like an action scene from a comic book movie. There is a portion where I'm watching a time index play on the screen and the numbers clearly demonstrate that the video is slowing down and speeding up. The weird part is that the audio is unaffected. This is before ANY effects have been applied, even the preview of the original video shows the same problem, but if I open up the file in a regular video watching program it is normal.
I've tried re-encoding the video into another format but the problem caries over into the new video.