FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video speed fluctuating while audio remains normal.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Vogel
Video speed fluctuating while audio remains normal.
on Nov 18, 2017 at 4:25:55 pm

I'm trying to record video off of a mobile phone screen for a client who wants to demonstrate an app. I've been using the AZ Screen Recorder for Android and the videos produced so far have been just fine. I can play them in Windows Media or QuickTime with no problem and the audio and video look just fine.

The problem is that when I import them into Premiere the speed of the video preview keeps ramping up and down like an action scene from a comic book movie. There is a portion where I'm watching a time index play on the screen and the numbers clearly demonstrate that the video is slowing down and speeding up. The weird part is that the audio is unaffected. This is before ANY effects have been applied, even the preview of the original video shows the same problem, but if I open up the file in a regular video watching program it is normal.

I've tried re-encoding the video into another format but the problem caries over into the new video.

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Video speed fluctuating while audio remains normal.
on Nov 18, 2017 at 10:51:40 pm

Screen recording software usually uses variable framerate.
Premiere cannot handle that.
Convert with http://handbrake.fr/ to Constant Framerate before bringing it into Premiere.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Video speed fluctuating while audio remains normal.
on Nov 19, 2017 at 3:55:54 pm

PP should list the frame rate of this video. If it's non-standard, the phone app or operator error is to blame.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]